PS5 OS Beta

Started by kitler53, Jul 28, 2022, 03:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Jul 28, 2022, 03:10 PM Last Edit: Jul 28, 2022, 03:20 PM by kitler53
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/07/28/ps5-beta-introduces-1440p-support-gamelists-and-more/

Since PS5 launched, we've been listening to your feedback and working every day to bring you more community-requested features. Today, we are rolling out a new PS5 system software beta that includes 1440p support, gamelists, and additional updates to enhance your gaming experiences and make connecting with friends easier on PS5.

While beta access is limited to invited participants in select countries*, our goal is to bring these updates to our global community later this year. If you're selected to participate in the beta, you'll receive an email invitation when it's available to download today. As always, some features available during the beta phase may not make it into the final version or may see significant changes.

Here's a look at some of the new features:

New Gameplay and Personalization Options

• Gamelists
    • In your Game Library you can now create gamelists, which make organizing your games even easier.
    • To start, go to the [Your Collection] tab and select [Create Gamelist]. Choose games to add to your gamelist, then decide what to name it.
    • You can have up to 15 gamelists and 100 games per gamelist. All games under the "Your Collection" tab of your Game Library can be added to a gamelist, including disc, digital and streaming titles.*** You can also add the same game to multiple gamelists.

• Compare 3D Audio and Stereo Audio
    • You can now listen to and compare the difference between 3D and stereo audio on the same screen, and then choose your preferred setting.

• Easier Access to In-progress Activities
    • When resuming a game, in-progress activities are often shown prominently at the top of the game hub to make it as easy and as fast as possible to get back to where you left off.

New Social Features
  • Request Share Screen
    • You can now request party members to start Share Screen to watch their gameplay. Go to the voice chat card, select the party member you want to send the request to, and then select [Request Share Screen].

• Joinable Game Notification
    • When you join a party and a party member is playing a game you can join, you'll now receive a notification. You can join the game directly from the notification.

• View New Friends' Profiles
    • When you accept a friend request in the [Received] list, you can now view your new friend's profile in [Accepted Requests].

• Send Stickers and Voice Messages in Game Base
    • In the Game Base card, you can now send stickers and voice messages to your groups.

We're always grateful to our beta community for helping us take new console features for a spin. Thanks to all our players for your support and feedback!alway

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Never mind, looks like you're fixing it.

kitler53

i'm quite happy about games list.  i can already plot out a few that i'll make:

- personal backlog
- games appropriate for my kid
- games with online coop
- games with couch coop

i know everyone wanted folders but honestly this is even better since i can "folder" games not downloaded to my system.   this will be a big help to me managing my backlog as the list of games i own has gotten really big.  it's easy to lose track of the games i want to play from the games i've already played.

Never mind, looks like you're fixing it.
yeah, sorry.   the original paste looked good until i posted it and then it got weird.   should be "okay" now.

Legend

Do people like activity cards? They're almost interesting but right now I just avoid them. Seems Sony is feeling the need to push them.

the-pi-guy

Do people like activity cards? They're almost interesting but right now I just avoid them. Seems Sony is feeling the need to push them.
"Almost interesting" sounds like a really good way to describe how I feel about them.  

I've never used them and don't care about them that much.  

But on paper, it sounds like a neat idea. Like hey, you could pick what level you want to play before even starting the game.

kitler53

it's all down to implementation just like the trophy hints.  

sackboys big adventure was implemented well but most games are not.   numerous bad results means I ignore them all.  

I wish the game hints allowed community help.   the hints by developers suck but I bet the community would gladly link in relevant YouTube videos given a chance. 

Legend

kitler53

as i have never even heard of it prior,.. i don't care.

the-pi-guy