Souls Series |OT| LTTP keeping spam away from other threads.

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 17, 2021, 09:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Dark Souls 1 2 And 3 - 1686x822 Wallpaper - teahub.io

- stolen banner

I'm in a Dark Souls kick.  So far I've put about 100 hours into Dark Souls 1 in the past 40 days or so.
Planning to platinum the first game depending on how it goes....

BananaKing

Well its not a souls game, I was playing mortal shell. But I decided to rage quite. Its progression is too annoying and its just not that good.

Legend

Dec 18, 2021, 05:33 AM Last Edit: Dec 18, 2021, 05:36 AM by Legend

Did not know grime was 2d.
Well its not a souls game, I was playing mortal shell. But I decided to rage quite. Its progression is too annoying and its just not that good.

Shame. I want to try it.

BananaKing

Did not know grime was 2d.Shame. I want to try it.
Try it.  You might like it.

The main issue i have with this game is that there is a lack of fast travel, I need to go all the way back to where I started basically to go to the vendor, which is needed to buy heeling consumable and some tools to upgrade yourself/gear.

If I reached half way through a dungeon, and need to go to the vendor, I half to go back the entire way, then fight my way through all over again. The game is very very stingy with healing consumables. So progression In this game is just too difficult at times, because it can take a long time to reach a new respawn point, and if there is a difficult area where you just need some more healing consumables, you're shame out of luck  

the-pi-guy

Dec 19, 2021, 07:27 PM Last Edit: Dec 31, 2021, 02:29 AM by the-pi-guy
Stuff I need for platinum:

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><a href="https://www.trueachievements.com/a252735/knights-honor-achievement" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.trueachievements.com/a252735/knights-honor-achievement</a><br><br>Weapons:<br>Grant<br>Sanctus (paladin in tomb)<br><br>Crystal Ring Shield: requires Soul of the Moonlight Butterfly and any +10 shield<br><br>Chaos Blade: requires Soul of Quelaag and any +10 katana<br><br>Greatsword of Artorias (Cursed): requires Soul of Sif and any +10 dagger, greatsword, or straight sword other than Broken Straight Sword and Straight Sword Hilt<br><br>Greatshield of Artorias: requires Soul of Sif and any +10 shield<br><br>Dragon Bone Fist: requires Core of an Iron Golem and any +10 fist weapon<br><br>Dragonslayer Spear: requires Soul of Ornstein and any +10 spears or thrusting swords<br><br>Darkmoon Bow: requires Soul of Gwyndolin and any +10 bow<br><br>Great Lord Greatsword: requires Soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder and any +10 dagger, greatsword, or straight sword<br><br>Dragon King Greataxe from the Gaping Dragon in the Depths<br><br>Moonlight Greatsword from Seath the Scaleless in the Crystal Cave<br><br><br>Covenants:<br>Dark Wraith<br><br>Pyromancer&#39;s:<br><a href="https://www.trueachievements.com/a252737/bond-of-a-pyromancer-achievement" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.trueachievements.com/a252737/bond-of-a-pyromancer-achievement</a><br><br>Quelana in Blightown<br>Painted World<br><br>Miracles:<br><a href="https://www.trueachievements.com/a252738/prayer-of-a-maiden-achievement" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.trueachievements.com/a252738/prayer-of-a-maiden-achievement</a><br><br>

the-pi-guy

My first Dark Souls playthrough is done.

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The New Londo ruins were annoying in the first place. &nbsp;But NG+ kicks it up like 10 notches. <br>I&#39;m convinced there are 2x as many ghosts this time around. <br><br>

the-pi-guy

Jan 03, 2022, 02:24 AM Last Edit: Jan 04, 2022, 12:11 AM by the-pi-guy
Only have to get 1 more trophies:

Collect all the weapons.
Spoiler for guide:
<br>Greatsword of Artorias (Cursed): requires Soul of Sif and any +10 dagger, greatsword, or straight sword other than Broken Straight Sword and Straight Sword Hilt<br><br>Dragonslayer Spear: requires Soul of Ornstein and any +10 spears or thrusting swords<br><br>Great Lord Greatsword: requires Soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder and any +10 dagger, greatsword, or straight sword<br><br>

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>- beat sif<br>- beat ornstein and smog <br>

the-pi-guy

I screwed up massively.  

Accidentally created the wrong weapon, and I would have to play through the entire game a third time just to make it.

I am enjoying my time, but I think I might take a break first.

the-pi-guy

150 hours
Partway through NG+++, and I completed all trophies for Dark Souls.

Was well worth it.

the-pi-guy

Something I find kind of funny:

So all of the enemies in the game are zoned off by invisible walls that don't affect the player. And for the most part, it's not an issue. It's not generally noticeable. Most enemies will start to calm down when you get too far away from their territory and it generally feels kind of natural.  

With a few exceptions. Sometimes you can kill an enemy without alerting them because you're on the other side of the invisible wall.

There's one spot though where it's particularly funny. There's an enemy that runs full speed. It's really funny when just out of nowhere, the creature will smash into an invisible wall (that is just a doorway for the player).

kitler53

I find it more funny the enemies you can kill through non-invisible walls. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Dark Souls 2 is weird. (Very minor design spoilers)

Spoiler for Hidden:
Gameplay wise: on the bright side it feels less clunky, on the worse side it feels looser. It&#39;s also much faster than the first game. <br><br>World and level design, it feels like a very different design philosophy. <br><br>I know some of the souls games have towns, but the first town doesn&#39;t feel like any Souls town I&#39;ve seen yet. It&#39;s also insanely bright and not brooding like the vast majority of the other Souls games I&#39;ve played. <br><br>I think I understand what people have complained about with regards to the level design. Or maybe I&#39;m just trying to see things that aren&#39;t there yet. Some of the encounters feel kind of cheap.

the-pi-guy

I've been playing a lot of Souls II on my lunch breaks and sometimes before I start work.

I even beat a boss before starting work this morning.  

I'm making pretty good progress now.

the-pi-guy

I really don't understand the appeal of online for Souls games.  

Getting invaded is annoying.

There are notes that are sometimes helpful, but most of the time they suck. A huge chunk of them are memes, some of them are flat out bad for the player. (Like saying there's a secret path by jumping off a bridge.  I got wrecked because a there were like 6 notes saying a torch was required in a certain area. It ends up making an otherwise friendly NPC start attacking you and you miss out on a trophy because of it. Yay. )