Valkyrie Entertainment joins PlayStation Studios

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 10, 2021, 06:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Don't forget the loss of Japan studio!
Japan Studio got downsized so much during the PS4 years.  
The loss of potential sucks, but most of the best stuff during the PS4 years was external development which still exists.  

Would be nice though if they were to give Japan Studio a reboot.

I don't doubt that Sony will keep pumping out hits and these changes will help that, but as a player it's not a fun list. An xbox fanboy can say Microsoft bought Obsidian and a ps fanboy would look silly to counter with these.
Yeah.
Firesprite is in a weird situation. They are a huge studio, but they don't have a track record of making great games like Obsidian.
Housemarque is pretty niche developer.  
BluePoint makes great remasters/remakes.  

There's a lot of potential with those studios and the deals they've made with some other studios.
But it doesn't look great on lists.  ;D

I know it's disliked but I think Sony should announce a lot of games next year. Put a trailer to most of these teams, even if the game is years away.
I wonder what they'll do after GoW. It's kind of crazy how few games they have announced right now. GT7, Horizon, Uncharted port, GoW PC port are all coming in the next couple months.  GoW probably won't be too far behind.  

Like 80% of their current announcements might be released by E3.  

Also I worry about every game releasing early next year, gow and horizon included. Work from home does not seem to be working, at least not yet. Far Cry 6, Halo Infinite, Battlefield, Cod, and Forza have all had major issues beyond what you'd expect from the teams.
We will have to see.  

I don't think any Sony games have had major issues yet.

the-pi-guy

I had a dream that Sony was going to keep buying studios because ND's new IP is too far off....

So that's something.

Go Up