Star Wars Eclipse

Started by Legend, Dec 10, 2021, 04:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I really didn't expect this to be a qd game. So epic looking.

kitler53

but how does it play?

traditional QD like or will there be actual combat mechanics?

anyways, nice trailor i guess.  i'll believe those graphics when. i see it in actual play.  fudgy tired of games all using disney framchises though.  star wars is the worst. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

but how does it play?

traditional QD like or will there be actual combat mechanics?

anyways, nice trailor i guess.  i'll believe those graphics when. i see it in actual play.  fudgy tired of games all using disney framchises though.  star wars is the worst.
No way will the game look like that.

Im tired of star wars too. And honestly only super hero games I want is from insomniac. Wouldn't mind a new infamous but that's an original property

the-pi-guy

I will be curious if the open worldy looking sections in the game are pre-rendered.

I would point out though that Quantic Dream is incredibly talented. Their character models have generally been some of the best.  

kitler53

I will be curious if the open worldy looking sections in the game are pre-rendered.

I would point out though that Quantic Dream is incredibly talented. Their character models have generally been some of the best.  
i remember being blow out of my mind at the screenshot they showed for heavy rain and then i played the game and realized those screen were from the loading screen and the gameplay was only "good" graphics but not ND level of wow.

there was clearly some "rendered" assets in that trailer.   i have no idea how this game plays from the trailer,.. at the very least it doesn't appear to play like a more typical QD game but i dunno.  maybe the game is a visual novel and graphics are insane but it plays like a movie.  

Dr. Pezus

i remember being blow out of my mind at the screenshot they showed for heavy rain and then i played the game and realized those screen were from the loading screen and the gameplay was only "good" graphics but not ND level of wow.

there was clearly some "rendered" assets in that trailer.   i have no idea how this game plays from the trailer,.. at the very least it doesn't appear to play like a more typical QD game but i dunno.  maybe the game is a visual novel and graphics are insane but it plays like a movie.  
Action adventure they say. You play a few different characters. My guess is it's similar to their other games but more action in places, like lightsaber duels

kitler53

Action adventure they say. You play a few different characters. My guess is it's similar to their other games but more action in places, like lightsaber duels
I mean,.  action adventure is a pretty broad category that is typically the assignment for non-conforming games.  

I haven't played Detroit yet but to the best of my knowledge QD hasn't made a game with combat gameplay.   star wars without combat is a non-starter for me. QD game with combat is a question mark for me. 

Legend

I mean,.  action adventure is a pretty broad category that is typically the assignment for non-conforming games.  

I haven't played Detroit yet but to the best of my knowledge QD hasn't made a game with combat gameplay.   star wars without combat is a non-starter for me. QD game with combat is a question mark for me.
Heavy Rain had loads of combat, it was just all quick time events. Could do the same here and call it action adventure.

BananaKing

I mean,.  action adventure is a pretty broad category that is typically the assignment for non-conforming games.  

I haven't played Detroit yet but to the best of my knowledge QD hasn't made a game with combat gameplay.   star wars without combat is a non-starter for me. QD game with combat is a question mark for me.
Detriot was a great game.

But I think this will be pretty much the same. No combat, QTEs, decision making.

kitler53

QTE are not combat.  

Legend

QTE are not combat.  
Then why did I keep dying!?