Halo Infinite |OT| Negative Infinity, I don't like it

Started by Legend, Oct 25, 2021, 03:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

i know.  it's my fault for watching i guess.  i just think it's bad for gaming that soo many gamers eat this shame up.  
I can agree with that. It's good content that should exist but way too many people forget it's a peek behind the curtain and not how games are played.

Legend

Has dropped to 86. Is it premature to declare you the winner haha?

Also am I the only one planning to play this?

edt: wait wtf there isn't a midnight release?!? It doesn't unlock until 10 AM for the west coast!?

nnodley

I might get gamepass ultimate to play it and some other games.

Should i just not worry about playing 4 and 5 before playing and just kinda read up on whats going on?

Legend

I might get gamepass ultimate to play it and some other games.

Should i just not worry about playing 4 and 5 before playing and just kinda read up on whats going on?
Have you played any Halo games?

Definitely either play them or read a very detailed summary of 4 and 5. I played all of them back to back and yet 4 and 5 were still confusing with how they randomly introduced stuff.

nnodley

Have you played any Halo games?

Definitely either play them or read a very detailed summary of 4 and 5. I played all of them back to back and yet 4 and 5 were still confusing with how they randomly introduced stuff.

i played 1 to 3 back when MCC came out and started 4 but never finished.  If they are on game pass i'll play them.

Legend

Updated the title. Will put back in the review scores if they change.

Also there is no preload.

i played 1 to 3 back when MCC came out and started 4 but never finished.  If they are on game pass i'll play them.
Everything but ODST and Reach is on gamepass. Better use some speedrunning strats at this point!

Legend

Legend

Took some time for the game to show an update, but now I'm in. 4 minutes to download. Let's go!

Legend

Cool so far. Map looks really small and boring but the menu teases some fun stuff.

Also I'm still super early but it seems they might be acting like Halo 5 didn't exist.

Legend

It feels a lot like assassin's creed. I'm enjoying it a fair amount but it's not like past Halos.

the-pi-guy

I feel like this story comes out a lot when a game has troubled development.
"It was the engine".  

the-pi-guy

Legend

Those suck.

They offer nothing in the campaign and aren't even in fun places.

Infinite has really poor exploration.

Legend

Halo lost a lot by going open world, but it's still pretty good.

Also this might be the biggest shakeup in a AAA series ever. It'd be like if Hyrule Warriors was the main Zelda game.

One thing I love is that the gameplay really makes you feel like the hero. It echos back to Bungie's games where one person can change the tide of war. The plot isn't as good about this.

Early game basic spoilers, first couple hours:
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>You have a new cortana for your AI. Once again 343 changed her look, but I just act like only new cortana looks this way.<br><br>She&#39;s child like and it&#39;s done pretty well. Only dumb thing is that 343 really wants you to do the main quest. She keeps chiming in to make sure you&#39;re not confused about what to do next.<br><br>The pilot from the e3 demo makes no sense. He just shows up from time to time, even though gameplay wise there are better marines that could do his job.<br><br>No major glitches. Grass is broken but most won&#39;t notice. Marines dive in front of cars and go flying for miles while staying in the plank pose.<br><br>The brutes still look stupid.<br>

Legend

Go Up