GameStop stock crawling back to the Moon

Started by Legend, Jan 19, 2021, 05:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

because i gave you a link?

you didn't have to watch it but even if you don't it has a substantial impact on your life.  the battle against inflation begins here.  the market seems happy but i personally think powell is being too dovish.  inflation is going to run rampant in 2022.
Yeah I watched it.

Bigger news is that my fence blew over and power is out, but we are lucky. Other houses had trees fall on them.

the-pi-guy

So is the sky falling?

Dr. Pezus

because i gave you a link?

you didn't have to watch it but even if you don't it has a substantial impact on your life.  the battle against inflation begins here.  the market seems happy but i personally think powell is being too dovish.  inflation is going to run rampant in 2022.
I never know what to expect from the market these days. Seems like the market was expecting something worse because some things have been crashing the past few days and weeks even

Legend

kitler53

I never know what to expect from the market these days. Seems like the market was expecting something worse because some things have been crashing the past few days and weeks even
me either.  i'm 80% cash since november and missed all of the downturn.  can't decide if i should get back in tomorrow.  everyone says high inflation and raising interest rates will cause high PE and low profit stocks to crash.  they did. ...but does that mean they go back up now or are now fairly priced?

that relief rally whiplash really through me.  i expeted some bounce but that was an insane turn around on hearing exactly what we expected to hear.  as i reviewed stocks tonight i noticed the biggest bounces were in meme stonks so now i'm worried its a bull trap.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

me either.  i'm 80% cash since november and missed all of the downturn.  can't decide if i should get back in tomorrow.  everyone says high inflation and raising interest rates will cause high PE and low profit stocks to crash.  they did. ...but does that mean they go back up now or are now fairly priced?

that relief rally whiplash really through me.  i expeted some bounce but that was an insane turn around on hearing exactly what we expected to hear.  as i reviewed stocks tonight i noticed the biggest bounces were in meme stonks so now i'm worried its a bull trap.  

Well stuff like nvidia and amd seemed to benefit greatly. Also apple. Stocks that hadn't dropped that much compared to a lot of other stuff.

Good timing on going cash mostly! I was not able to do that. Should've done it, of course. I didn't expect stocks that were already not doing well to continue going down

Legend

Power is back.

8 hour break from work! :P

kitler53

Well stuff like nvidia and amd seemed to benefit greatly. Also apple. Stocks that hadn't dropped that much compared to a lot of other stuff.

Good timing on going cash mostly! I was not able to do that. Should've done it, of course. I didn't expect stocks that were already not doing well to continue going down
thanks, i sold mostly have a profit but had to take a $500 loss on one of my stocks.  but if i had stayed in the market i'd be down about 10k atm or about 20% of my current portfolio.

i'm glad i didn't get caught up in the reddit "fuk the bears" circle-jerk from yesterday.  after a huge morning bounce half the stocks i was eyeing up are already down.   ...might just be i'm eyeing the wrong stocks.  i've been playing the same stocks for a year now so maybe i just need to pick new winners for 2022.  i just don't know but i do know i can't lose my net-worth by sitting on cash until i figure out a plan.  xD

kitler53

Dec 16, 2021, 07:22 PM Last Edit: Dec 16, 2021, 07:24 PM by kitler53
holy crud.  the carnage.  it's amazing!!

;D 8) ::)

kitler53

the carnage continues and if anything the sell off appears to be accelerating.   

...but i've added 10, 20, 30% sell off thresholds to all the stocks i monitor and think there is a lot of potential for a lot more carnage.   there is uncertainty in omicron but i'm willing to bet in the first week of january the hospitalization numbers are well beyond capacity.  even though most people are not getting too sick..  it's spreading sooo quickly and re-infecting the vax'd and it's all happening during the holiday peak travel period.   

as much as people say the US won't lock down again I'm not sure I agree.  i live in illinois and i'm almost certain now that we'll lock down and close schools for part of january.  i'm sure florida will just sit idle while tens of thousand of people die but blue states will not.  ...we actually care about peoples lives.

so i'm calling my shot now,.. i'm sitting on my cash until early january.  i'm sure there will be a couple bull traps on the way down but i don't think there will be any meaningful bull market until omicron has passed.   the good news is omicron should fade just as fast as it is rising.   

kitler53

I was wrong.  I missed out on a hell of a run.  oh well,. better safe then huge losses.  it was kind of nice to have just ignored the market for a bit.  not as nice as having thousands of dollars for doing nothing but nice all the same. 

kitler53

I was wrong.  I missed out on a hell of a run.  oh well,. better safe then huge losses.  it was kind of nice to have just ignored the market for a bit.  not as nice as having thousands of dollars for doing nothing but nice all the same.
I wasn't wrong...

it hasn't gotten really any media attention yet but our markets are imploding. my 401k is already down about 8% and the sell off is accelerating.  lots of big stocks are already crashing like Netflix on Friday. 

we'll hear about it in the media once apple, Ms, Tesla pop.   I'm watching the Bitcoin crash and thinking it may be as soon as this next week.  

I wish fidelity gave me a high enough options/shorting lvl to profit on this.  as is all I can do is wait b

Legend

darkknightkryta

the-pi-guy

Facebook's financials were a bit lower than expected.

And the market is freaked out in general. Exposing a big crash.

Go Up