GameStop stock crawling back to the Moon

Started by Legend, Jan 19, 2021, 05:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

if i'm understanding correctly on friday there will likely be a squeeze where shorts will have to be covered at multiple prices that the stock closed at this week.  Which in turn requires them to buy more to cover their asses and will explode the stock

and really if i at least double my money then i'm happy enough
or...

...you're left holding the bag.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

shoulda.  woulda.  coulda.  didn't.

i would like massive gain but i'm too scared of massive losses to take these sorts of risks.  i feel too ignorant about what stock is to make these kinds of bets.   hell, how do i even buy stock as an individual?

i read some articles that blackberry and bed bath and beyond and a few others are next.   are you investing there too?
Well they're not overshorted like GME. Squeeze is still in its infancy here.

You could put just a little bit in and watch it grow  :). It's easy these days. I use etoro but Americans seem to use Robinhood a lot.

kitler53

Well they're not overshorted like GME. Squeeze is still in its infancy here.

You could put just a little bit in and watch it grow  :). It's easy these days. I use etoro but Americans seem to use Robinhood a lot.
you're buying "stock" and not "options"?

Legend

I hope gamestop comes out of this pretty well. It's cool that this is happening to a company within our industry, verse something like a barbershop chain.

kitler53

I hope gamestop comes out of this pretty well. It's cool that this is happening to a company within our industry, verse something like a barbershop chain.
does gamestop actually benefit from this in any way.  once they issue the stock i don't think the company itself actually benefits from increasing the price of the stock.

darkknightkryta

does gamestop actually benefit from this in any way.  once they issue the stock i don't think the company itself actually benefits from increasing the price of the stock.
I guess it depends how much stocks the company itself owns.  But I'm not financial savvy enough to know.

nnodley

nuggets getting wiiiiild.  So many brokerages restricting trading of GME, AMC, and BB

its literally an all out attack from the 1% right now

kitler53

nuggets getting wiiiiild.  So many brokerages restricting trading of GME, AMC, and BB

its literally an all out attack from the 1% right now
yeah, feels like that ought to be illegal.  blantant market manipulation to protect their shorts.

Xevross

Almost like the entire stock market is designed by rich people to help rich people get richer.

kitler53

Almost like the entire stock market is designed by rich people to help rich people get richer.
almost?

i shouldn't talk i guess.  i think i have like a million in stock between me and my wife's 401ks, our family's IRAs, my 2 kids 529s and what i have invested in my company's stock purchase plan.  so yeah, fudge me and my bourgeois lifestyle.

Xevross

almost?

i shouldn't talk i guess.  i think i have like a million in stock between me and my wife's 401ks, our family's IRAs, my 2 kids 529s and what i have invested in my company's stock purchase plan.  so yeah, fudge me and my bourgeois lifestyle.
No almost of course, just using the common "almost like..." saying.

Yeah, you're one of the rich people :P

kitler53

No almost of course, just using the common "almost like..." saying.

Yeah, you're one of the rich people :P
never claimed i wasn't.  in fact i think i've said the opposite several times.   i feel like the perfect level of rich really,.. i make enough money that i don't need to "budget" (aka i have no financial stress from being poor) and i don't make enough money to live a lavish lifestyle (aka i have no financial stress from having too many assets to maintain).

Legend

yeah, feels like that ought to be illegal.  blantant market manipulation to protect their shorts.
Would be great if this brought about improvements. The tactics by shorters have seemed obvious for years.

Frustrating though seeing news outlets and radicals try to claim this is an attack on wall street, even though it's literally a wall street investing sub. Makes it unlikely anything good will come out of this.

does gamestop actually benefit from this in any way.  once they issue the stock i don't think the company itself actually benefits from increasing the price of the stock.
If it stays high like $60 then they at the very least have more ways to avoid bankruptcy if things go bad. They can issue new stock to raise funds and I believe they can take out loans against their stock.

Legend

@Dr. Pezus
I gotta hand it to you. You really called this. I sent you 5 raffle tickets.

Xevross

@Dr. Pezus
I gotta hand it to you. You really called this. I sent you 5 raffle tickets.
He did, but didn't call the battleship from Robinhood and co. though, this is quite the rollercoaster ride.

Go Up