Xbox | Zenimax Development Studios + Activision?

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 31, 2020, 12:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-xbox-game-pass-at-30-million-subs-per-strauss-zelnick-ceo-of-take-two-spencer-clarifies-last-public-numbers-are-18million.493329/

SZ: Phil didn't pitch his own service, which he could...but you've got about 30 million subs Phil. Something like that(?)
PS: *chukles* The last public numbers we announced was 18 million.
SZ: *nervously shifting* Oh for some reason I thought it was more. *laughs* It's more than 18. Anyways...

Legend

Could be a slip, but the real numbers could be around 20 mil which would make his comment embarrassing too.

kitler53

30 m would be impressive growth.  

I have a hard time believing it atm.  there haven't even been 12 million in Xbox sales since the last milestone.  that kind of growth doesn't jive well with a company that tried to double the cost of live gold to spur sales for me. 

we'll find out soon enough I suppose. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I doubt its 30 million, last announced figure was 18. You think they are gonna reach 30 million and not announce it?

Its gonna be funny how fanboys will take this number as confirmed

kitler53

BananaKing

what if the number is 16 million?
I doubt the number is falling. They have crazy deals for it. If you buy 3 years of XBL. For just an extra dollar you get gamepass for 3 years.

Honestly thats a deal I'd do. If I know im gonna stay on a platform for that long, then yeah I'd pay upfront and get 3 years of gamepass for free basically.

the-pi-guy

Legend

kitler53

the-pi-guy

where's the thumbs down button?
You hit like, and then you hit unlike.

kitler53

BananaKing

i'm in such a bad mood today.
Me too, to be honest.

Honestly I'm not even in the mood to game

nnodley

I was just looking at the big games activision actually has all together.  Honestly i play probably zero of them.  I've hated COD for years and everything else isn't huge hitters.  Still doesn't make the acquisition suck any less for the industry.

kitler53

Jan 19, 2022, 01:00 AM Last Edit: Jan 19, 2022, 01:17 AM by kitler53
it doesn't really matter that I don't play CoD.  it's a massive hole in Sony's lineup now.   the millions of CoD gamers will abandon PS5 and their ps+ subs. 

Legend

You know what this means?

It's time for Microsoft to make a fighting game with all their characters! Master chief can fight Crash Bandicoot.

Go Up