COVID-19

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 10, 2020, 04:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Apr 04, 2020, 08:53 PM Last Edit: Apr 04, 2020, 08:54 PM by Dr. Pezus
How are you doing during all of this?
Pretty good. I'm not in the covid "team" personally but I've been part of the planning.

We're trying to keep a proportion of doctors outside the covid team to avoid exposure (it turns out people still get sick of other diseases as well)

the-pi-guy

Jul 16, 2020, 05:58 PM Last Edit: Jul 16, 2020, 06:03 PM by the-pi-guy
America Is on Track for a Million Coronavirus Cases a Day, and at Least 800,000 Deaths, by the End of 2020

US is screwed.

The general populace following the ending of the shutdowns was that the threat was done. Nuttier people are growing nuttier. 

Instead it's only gotten worse, and the complacency is making it worse yet. 

Stores are pushing mask policies. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Kohl's as a start. 
Alabama is pushing a mask policy. 

Georgia is instead being the country's crappiest state. 
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/507600-georgia-governor-overrides-all-local-mask-orders-in-the-state

the-pi-guy

Reddit has quarantined no new Normal, after the sub hit 100k users.  

A year and a half ago, I couldn't have imagined the paranoia from anti-maskers.

I couldn't have imagined that people on my own Facebook, would compare wearing a tiny mask to nazi-ism.  

Couldn't have imagined that such a large chunk of the population would be jumping to be antivaxx.  

Legend

I couldn't have imagined that people on my own Facebook, would compare wearing a tiny mask to nazi-ism.  

Couldn't have imagined that such a large chunk of the population would be jumping to be antivaxx.  
I didn't expect it to play out this exact way, but when the first cases started in America my mom showed us an article about the Spanish Flu. I think it was a newspaper clipping from 1918 in Chicago?

Anyway it talked about how the city went into a lockdown, then all the businesses pressured them to open up prematurely, and then they had to go back into a lockdown. Was very surreal over the course of 2020 having history repeat itself in real time.

kitler53

imo, Biden should just sign an executive order that allows hospitals to deny service to individuals that refused to get vaxed. 

just let them die.  the more the better even. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Snl was so strange. New York is shut down again.

BananaKing

Why isn't there a delta vaccine already? Omicron vaccine needs to be underway.

It seems to me Pfizer and other pharmaceuticals are happy to drag this on. 3rd booster shot is happening. And talks about a 4th. Its getting ridiculous.

kitler53

Dec 19, 2021, 11:53 PM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2021, 11:59 PM by kitler53
the original vax was good enough against delta to not need a new vax.  omicron looks different enough to require it.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, the vaccine was still pretty good against Delta.  

Apparently protection is down to 20% against Omicron. 55% with booster.  

BananaKing

the original vax was good enough against delta to not need a new vax.  omicron looks different enough to require it.
Not good enough to limit the continued spreading of the disease. It allowed the world to reopen and didna fantastic job saving lifes.

However, with more cases the possibility of a breakout strain (seemingly omicron) increased. This was bound to happen if things continued, and it did. And if they keep relying on booster shots it will happen again.

Pfizer said they can release a vaccine that protects against more than one strain. Release one that targets the original/delta/omicron.  Of course pharmaceuticals stand to profit the longer this drags out. I feel like I sound like a conspiracy theorists. But no way would I ever believe these companies have humanities best interest at heart over their profit line

kitler53

i read a lot,.. too much probably.  but omicron looks to be just days away from a complete and utter shame show.  i hope these fears are overblown but its really putting a shadow over my holiday.  i guess the best news is it will be done quickly compared to delta.  with it spreading just before xmas everyone will probably be infected by new years. 

nnodley

Not good enough to limit the continued spreading of the disease. It allowed the world to reopen and didna fantastic job saving lifes.

However, with more cases the possibility of a breakout strain (seemingly omicron) increased. This was bound to happen if things continued, and it did. And if they keep relying on booster shots it will happen again.

Pfizer said they can release a vaccine that protects against more than one strain. Release one that targets the original/delta/omicron.  Of course pharmaceuticals stand to profit the longer this drags out. I feel like I sound like a conspiracy theorists. But no way would I ever believe these companies have humanities best interest at heart over their profit line
You are absolutely right that these companies do NOT have our best interests.  Its all about the profit and always will be.  

And all data is pointing to Omicron being waaaaaaay more mild than any other strain. Its spreading and theres nothing anyone can do.  Omicron has been spreading for longer than it was detected in South Africa and we've been looking for it long enough to see its so far not seeming nearly as deadly.

I am absolutely fine with there being a yearly shot potentially, but this game of like 4 or 5 shots over a year is just ridiculous and only about lining the pockets of these companies.

Go Up