Any forum things you'd like improved/added before E3?

Started by Legend, May 30, 2018, 05:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Trying to make sure we are all ready for the big shows.

Xevross

One thing that always annoys me is when we're on a live thread, someone quotes you on a random page in the middle and then that thread title is blue. But I don't wanna go back through all the pages to find the one I've been quoted on. So maybe change it so the thread title stops being blue after you've viewed the thread?

Legend

I'd like to improve some resetera things. They use "[" and "]" for images which stops them from being copied.

Also linking posts has issues since they don't have a way to just show a post.

the-pi-guy

May 30, 2018, 06:37 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:39 PM by the-pi-guy
I think Twitter posts on Resetera also have embedding issues.

Its not important but it'd be cool if live view could have a permanent post.
Like even when new posts are made, the permanent post stays in place.  

Would be nice to watch the show in one post and have the live view thread on going in the same tab .

Legend

One thing that always annoys me is when we're on a live thread, someone quotes you on a random page in the middle and then that thread title is blue. But I don't wanna go back through all the pages to find the one I've been quoted on. So maybe change it so the thread title stops being blue after you've viewed the thread?
I can make it so live view reads quotes.

A jump to quote feature would also be nice to have again.

I think Twitter posts on Resetera also have embedding issues.

Its not important but it'd be cool if live view could have a permanent post.
Like even when new posts are made, the permanent post stays in place.  

Would be nice to watch the show in one post and have the live view thread on going in the same tab .
I have multiple screens so I don't think about stuff like that, but sure.

SWORDF1SH

When typing on phone with auto correct it starts a new word halfway through typing a word. I think it's something to do with the forum's auto save.

Legend

When typing on phone with auto correct it starts a new word halfway through typing a word. I think it's something to do with the forum's auto save.
Not sure I'll be able to fix that one sadly. It's a problem with the editor code and I don't really know how to edit it.

SWORDF1SH

Not sure I'll be able to fix that one sadly. It's a problem with the editor code and I don't really know how to edit it.
Can I turn off auto save?

Legend

Can I turn off auto save?
Yes. Wouldn't affect this though. Also you can use the plain text version of editing which could fix this. That's what I use on mobile.

SWORDF1SH

Yes. Wouldn't affect this though. Also you can use the plain text version of editing which could fix this. That's what I use on mobile.
bot i ham not smarrt enuff,

Legend

bot i ham not smarrt enuff,
Plain text is just like regular text unless you're trying to format it. You could change that setting to try it out. (or just click the Page looking icon on the post screen.

the-pi-guy

The editor is uneditable?

Legend

The editor is uneditable?
Heheheh

We use this. If you experience the problem on that page, then there's nothing I can do. Otherwise it's something I might be able to fix but it'd take a lot of work since the editor came pre-integrated with the forum.

the-pi-guy

Heheheh

We use this. If you experience the problem on that page, then there's nothing I can do.
Just tried it out.  It still has some issues.  

But maybe...  

Legend

May 31, 2018, 08:00 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:20 PM by Legend
Not a pretty solution, but resetera images are automatically corrected by bots after you post now. Ideally there'd be a way to just not copy over the alt information but I couldn't find it in the javascript.

edt: tweets and youtube videos are now copied over in resetera posts.