The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Legend

Inside Reality Labs Research: Meet the team that's working to bring touch to the digital world
I liked the talk about a rendering engine for touch.

I remain unconvinced though that such a glove could properly work with anything besides handheld objects. The handshakes imo would feel uncanny without the extra forces pulling and pushing the hand as a whole.

I'm pessimistic we'll have a worthwhile solution anytime soon. It was really really cool in the void being able to touch everything and pick up guns in vr, and that even included foot feedback depending on what you walked on, but it was still a secondary part of the experience.

the-pi-guy

The guy in the middle is from Psytec Games. They make PSVR/PCVR/Quest 2 games.

Most of the stuff he is talking about he clearly doesn't know what the situation is.

But he also talks about their PSVR game getting a patch for PSVR2, which I would imagine he could get in trouble for that?
He also talks about the rumors as if they're pretty confirmed.

----
Supposedly someone on the show said that Sony is talking to Valve for Half Life Alyx, but I didn't hear it for myself.

the-pi-guy

Lucky's Tale coming to PSVR, Steam. Already launched on Quest 2.

the-pi-guy

Sony Corp (not SIE) showing off a small dual 4K display VR headset.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Steam Support :: Half-Life: Alyx - Streaming/Spectating Guide

Spectator Eye: Left, Right

Choose whether the spectator view displays the output from your left or right eye. We recommend setting it to whichever eye you usually aim down, so people watching you play will be able to look down weapon sights with you.
I've never thought about this, but this is interesting.

Legend

Steam Support :: Half-Life: Alyx - Streaming/Spectating Guide

I've never thought about this, but this is interesting.

Aiming down sights is a pretty good counter reason, but I always wished a 3rd camera could just be rendered in the middle. Will be even more desirable as eye tracking and foveated rendering become a thing.

Speaking of uncommon vr things, I really hope it becomes standard to move the camera as the eye rotates. The perspective change is so minor but I want that level of detail!

Legend

kitler53

so exactly the same as the original.

i enjoyed my time with moss very much.  i'll pick this one up too but not until psvr 2 releases.   i've pretty much retired my psvr at this point.

the-pi-guy

Disappointing if true  :'(

Legend

Up till the shooty bits this looked amazing.

the-pi-guy

There's a rumor that HP will leave the VR market.

HP uses Microsoft's Mixed Reality platform for their VR headsets.

The article talks about MS and HP being cagey about the future of VR. MS has partnered with Meta to bring office to VR.

This would be a little disappointing because HP makes one of the best headsets on the market. The only bad thing about the headset is that MS's tracking solution isn't as good as Meta's, and it probably isn't as good as Sony's even.  

kitler53

vr is so a fad.  

..not even a fad.  Fads are popular for a while…

Go Up