The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

if I were to get a "PC" I'd almost certainly get a steam deck.  I wouldn't customize at all so I'd basically treat it as a console.  

I could be wrong but it seems easy like a console.  

not planning on getting it though.  not so long as my work remains fully remote at least.  I'd reconsider if I had to start commuting again. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

nnodley

Microsoft-Activision Blizzard Deal Will Reportedly Be Reviewed By the FTC
Microsoft-Activision Blizzard Deal Will Reportedly Be Reviewed By the FTC - IGN

Seems like it was gonna happen but definitely will be interesting to see if the deal gets blocked.  

Legend

Seems like it was gonna happen but definitely will be interesting to see if the deal gets blocked.  
I think that writer was inspired by my post The gaming industry is dead. MS to buy Activision for 70 billion  8)

the-pi-guy

It will be scrutinized, but I think it will go through.

Legend

I don't know how wordle has longevity.

I played my second game today. Both times I solved it on the third entry. It's kinda fun but it's not complex enough to be played over and over and over imo.

BananaKing

I don't know how wordle has longevity.

I played my second game today. Both times I solved it on the third entry. It's kinda fun but it's not complex enough to be played over and over and over imo.
Youre a native English speaker and you're smart. But there are a lot of people who are just walking down the street can't name a country on a world map, so there are a lot who find it challenging

Legend

Youre a native English speaker and you're smart. But there are a lot of people who are just walking down the street can't name a country on a world map, so there are a lot who find it challenging
The difficulty isn't a problem imo. By complex, I mean I wish the game had more variation between days. Like maybe using 4 letter or 6 letter days and stuff like that.

kitler53

legally due to the size of the acquisition it has to be scrutinized.   scrutiny on it's own doesn't really say anything. 

i think the acquisition will be allowed.   maybe it could be blocked but i pretty much doubt it.  the FTC only has so much resources and has to "choose their battles".   i doubt this is the one they choose.   I think the most likely (negative) outcome is one that has provisions such as: CoD must remain on competitive consoles.   Not really betting on that either though.   the industry is consolidating a lot but isn't quite to the point where i'd expect a legal objection.   there are still 3 consoles and at least 10 big publishers.

the-pi-guy

Legend

NFT needs to die. Pretty much the only good use is for reselling games but no pub wants to do that.

nnodley

yep NFT's are such a scam right now.  At least some people made some good money, but the fact people are paying those amounts just for digital files is insanity.

kitler53

yep NFT's are such a scam right now.  At least some people made some good money, but the fact people are paying those amounts just for digital files is insanity.
not for digital files,.. for access to digital files...

Go Up