PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I hope it's more on the shadow of the colossus side of things.

BananaKing

the-pi-guy

Why?
From Software has big shoes to fill.
We haven't seen Bluepoint make any wholly new games.  

I think they can do better than their first game being considered the worst souls game

kitler53

Why?
expanding on a game many consider a masterpiece?   that's a great way to set yourself up for failure.  no matter what it won't be good enough.  

they should do their own thing instead of mimicking others. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Mm making levels confirmed.  8)

Legend

Mm making levels confirmed.  8)
lol they're still making Dreams content right?

the-pi-guy

Deviation Games: (PlayStation announces investment in Studio on June 10th) 100+ developers, many of which are veterans from Treyarch
Haven Studio: (PlayStation announces investment in Studio on March 16th, 2021), headed by Jade Raymond
Firewalk Studio: (PlayStation announces partnership with Studio on April 22nd, 2021) creating a "AAA multiplayer title", developers from Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, Mass Effect

Legend

Deviation Games: (PlayStation announces investment in Studio on June 10th) 100+ developers, many of which are veterans from Treyarch
Haven Studio: (PlayStation announces investment in Studio on March 16th, 2021), headed by Jade Raymond
Firewalk Studio: (PlayStation announces partnership with Studio on April 22nd, 2021) creating a "AAA multiplayer title", developers from Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, Mass Effect
I'm excited to see what comes out of this. Haven will probably be the only one I play but they'll all be unique.

the-pi-guy

Commentary on Deviation Games

Over 100 developers
Wants the game to be unique
2021: preproduction + building the team
2022: first year of full production

the-pi-guy

Valkyrie Entertainment Senior Environment Artist | SmartRecruiters

We are currently working on several AAA-titles alongside our partners, including the next iteration of God of War, as well as in-house projects for both mobile and console platforms.
Seems like they might be working on an internal game.  

Might be old/outdated.

kitler53

probably a smallish game.  

with all those projects I doubt they could also handle a full fledged AAA game solo.  I'm thinking it was a side project they were working on since before the aquisition. 

meh.  could be anything.  could be cancelled. 

the-pi-guy

Twisted Metal PS5 Reboot Studio Swapped Mid-Development - Push Square
Sources: Sony switches Twisted Metal reboot developer | VGC

Lucid Games is apparently not working on Twisted Metal anymore. They've apparently been moved onto other projects.

Firesprite is apparently taking over development of Twisted Metal. I kind of feel like Sony is trying to make Firesprite into being Europe's Insomniac Games...

Legend

I don't care for the game so boo! Wish the devs were working on something cooler.

kitler53

i'm not going to be shocked if in the not so distant future we find out lucid was acquired by MS...

BananaKing

There is no confirmation that firesprite took over twisted metal development

Go Up