6 months in plus a new year: be harsh and give the VizionEck Forum a review!

Started by Legend, Jan 22, 2015, 12:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

So everyone except Raven has stated the same criticism: activity. I mean it was pretty clear beforehand that this is our biggest problem, but yeah. We got to change that.

Its no use just saying that! We need some ideas on things we can do to encourage posting.  I think more threads need to be created on latest news, for example

Dr. Pezus

Its no use just saying that! We need some ideas on things we can do to encourage posting.  I think more threads need to be created on latest news, for example
Maybe @Legend can add some incentive for creating threads (or popular threads if you don't want people to spam worthless threads)

Legend

I guess we can also use this thread to talk about fixing our problems too.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!

The VizionEck Forum 2.0 is coming soon. This is a full update in the forum software itself that makes a lot of things nicer and user friendly:

All text entry fields will now be by default be in advanced BBC mode, meaning all formatting and coding happens behind the scenes for you.

The 2.0 update also brings a fully fledged notification system that can be customized any way members wish.

I'll also be introducing the new theme with VizionEck Forum 2.0. The look of this theme is vastly improved, and the site is fully responsive as a result. Mobile users will now have the website reorganize and scale itself automatically to fit within their screen. It's even better than creating a Forum app or dedicated mobile version.

Messages will now be able to be saved as drafts. If you're working on a huge OT and need to save it between days or write a hot headed PM and want to wait a bit before sending, you can now save the posts and come back later. Want to know the best part? The drafts are saved AUTOMATICALLY as you write them. If you write a huge post and accidentally close your browser or something, have no fear. The post will still be their when you come back.

The downside of this update though is that Live View, the front index, the front front page, various embedding options, ultimate profiles, the shop, the quote system, and some others have to one by one be recoded for the new system. Doing this will take a lot of time, so only the really important ones will come first. The rest will have to slowly be reintroduced after upgrading to 2.0.

The major point of this update is to make the forum feel "cleaner" and less intimidating to new members. Plus we'd have to update eventually, so doing it now seems to make the most sense.

Maybe @Legend can add some incentive for creating threads (or popular threads if you don't want people to spam worthless threads)

We have the shop, but the coins are worthless and given out way too easily.

Maybe a user of the week would be a nice feature. I could ask the machine to do that.

Xevross

Sounds like some cool new features!

Ask the machine to get back to work in the counting threads too!

Max King of the Wild

I just wish the prima donnas in charge would stop fooling around and just release the game

kitler53

Not enough activity. Thankful kitler can't post bad stuff.

I'm gonna make an effort to post more I think

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

I'm active.  Hell I made a thread about boss battles that no one posted in >:(

Xevross

Its not that I don't like the stuff, I just wouldn't like the stuff you'd post. At all. ;D

Xevross

I'm active.  Hell I made a thread about boss battles that no one posted in >:(

I resurrected it! I'm a man on a mission now!

Shinobi-san

User of the week sounds like a good idea :D
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Xevross

User of the week sounds like a good idea :D

Yeah it does, it should have a good reward too

Legend

Yeah it does, it should have a good reward too

Maybe just an icon. Who hoo hoo!

Xevross

So, today is our most active day this year so far!

Maybe just an icon. Who hoo hoo!

That's not enough!

Legend

So, today is our most active day this year so far!

Sweet!

That's not enough!

Well then as user of this week, come up with something better.

Xevross

Sweet!
Well then as user of this week, come up with something better.

:o I think, for one week only, the user of the week gets everyone's credits... lol

How about a karma boost of 10 if you become user of the week, as well as 1000 credits perhaps. I'm not very creative :(

Go Up