6 months in plus a new year: be harsh and give the VizionEck Forum a review!

Started by Legend, Jan 22, 2015, 12:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Say anything and everything. If you have a problem with a mod, say it. If you have a problem with how certain subjects keep coming up, say it. If you find us boring, say it!

The forum rules still apply for this thread of course, but I want your honest feedback. The hollidays are over and it's time to start building up the forum again.

Riderz1337

It's not really the forums fault, but I just don't like how there's barely any new users here. It's just the same 5-6 guys which gets a little boring. It's why I went back to VGC mainly when they unbanned my account, there's more people to interact with.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I like it alot still. Thing have slowed down a lot around here though. I wish we could get the fire enighted and get good convo going again. And i know i'm part of that problem as I've slowed down a lot, Due to gaming and being married and the fact that whenever i post from my phone i end up sounding like a complete idiot because i'm usually at work then and rushing to post a comment when i can.

I'm not sure what we can do to attract other users to the forum at this point, other besides getting vizioneck launched when people might go searching for it again. I guess a few updates on the psblog would be helpful with a forum plug.

Over all the forum is great, even though I still feel it's missing something but can't quite put my finger on what that something is.

7H3

look / interface solid 6 / 10
user interaction 8/ 10
overall 7/10 generous

I personally do enjoy the older style of the forum layout and look, but to be more modern and relevant things need to be updated and changed. User interaction is pretty great here and well maintained, but there are a lot of idle times and more user would be great for the forum.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BasilZero

Forums (Content): 8/10

Forums (Sections): 7/10

Forums (Design): 7.5/10

Forums (Activity): 4/10

Forums (Profile Management): 7/10

Overall (Rounded): 7 out of 10

Its not bad in terms of its content/appearance but what it needs is more activity.

the-pi-guy

Content:  (6/10)
Not bad, but not that much to talk about at the moment.
Interface (7/10)
It needs something.  Right now it feels like a bunch of lines like some kind of spreadsheet. 
User (10/10)
Awesome peeps. 
Activity (2/10)
Enough said. 

Shinobi-san

Yeah activity is pretty low. I guess I'm part of the problem on that front...i hardly post these days :(

And to make things worse i hardly game as well...
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Raven

Needs more cowbell.

Kapi96

As others have said it just needs more activity. The forum is good, just not enough people here :(

BananaKing

i think the "home" page is useless and confusing. when people press on the forum they are taken to it first, which can be off putting for other users.

Dr. Pezus

People need to post more

7H3

yeah I try to post when I can, but I'm pretty busy recently )o: i'm driving all around town most of the day and when I get home I usually have paperwork to file... definitely need more cowbell though
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

kitler53

not enough activity.  disappointed i can't post bad stuff.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Not enough activity. Thankful kitler can't post bad stuff.

I'm gonna make an effort to post more I think

Legend

It's not really the forums fault, but I just don't like how there's barely any new users here. It's just the same 5-6 guys which gets a little boring. It's why I went back to VGC mainly when they unbanned my account, there's more people to interact with.

I like it alot still. Thing have slowed down a lot around here though. I wish we could get the fire enighted and get good convo going again. And i know i'm part of that problem as I've slowed down a lot, Due to gaming and being married and the fact that whenever i post from my phone i end up sounding like a complete idiot because i'm usually at work then and rushing to post a comment when i can.

I'm not sure what we can do to attract other users to the forum at this point, other besides getting vizioneck launched when people might go searching for it again. I guess a few updates on the psblog would be helpful with a forum plug.

Over all the forum is great, even though I still feel it's missing something but can't quite put my finger on what that something is.

look / interface solid 6 / 10
user interaction 8/ 10
overall 7/10 generous

I personally do enjoy the older style of the forum layout and look, but to be more modern and relevant things need to be updated and changed. User interaction is pretty great here and well maintained, but there are a lot of idle times and more user would be great for the forum.

Forums (Content): 8/10

Forums (Sections): 7/10

Forums (Design): 7.5/10

Forums (Activity): 4/10

Forums (Profile Management): 7/10

Overall (Rounded): 7 out of 10

Its not bad in terms of its content/appearance but what it needs is more activity.

Content:  (6/10)
Not bad, but not that much to talk about at the moment.
Interface (7/10)
It needs something.  Right now it feels like a bunch of lines like some kind of spreadsheet. 
User (10/10)
Awesome peeps. 
Activity (2/10)
Enough said. 

Yeah activity is pretty low. I guess I'm part of the problem on that front...i hardly post these days :(

And to make things worse i hardly game as well...

People need to post more

not enough activity.  disappointed i can't post bad stuff.

Not enough activity. Thankful kitler can't post bad stuff.

I'm gonna make an effort to post more I think

So everyone except Raven has stated the same criticism: activity. I mean it was pretty clear beforehand that this is our biggest problem, but yeah. We got to change that.

Needs more cowbell.