VR will flop

Viewing single post

Started by kitler53, Mar 02, 2015, 07:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I see VR releasing this year to good sales and good mainstream perception. Only among core tech enthusiasts will it be huge though. Then slowly over the next few years as prices decrease and content increases, it'll trickle down to mass success.

i really like how optimistic you guys are but you are in such a bubble.  it will launch with some good perception but even the most optimistic reviews will be pepper with "buts" just like every review i've read so far.   "it's an amazing experience but...".  the initial units will probably have a huge bust of purchases but like Xbox One it will plummet to dangerous sales levels within a couple months and stay low.  publishers will take that as a sign of lack of interest and therefore no compelling content will support it past the first wave of launch titles.  due to a lack of content even the most ardent supporters will stop using the devices after a year or so.

i forgot to add it to the OP but a dirth abundance of device choices is also a hinderance as what little userbase there will be early on will be split across too many ecosystems making VR development even more expensive or exclusive,.. take your pick.

so direct question,..  are you supporting OR, PM, ect with vizioneck?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens