VR will flop

Viewing single post

Started by kitler53, Mar 02, 2015, 07:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

"If someone has already spent 400-1000$ on a system, another 200$ is probably not going to stop them."
yes it will.

Not if they are interested.  And like I said cost will go down. 
Books were originally rare and expensive.  In order to make a copy or two, someone would have to write down and copy all the contents by hand.  Then comes the printing press and books became cheaper and more inexpensive and books were more readily available. 
The advent of phones, and smart phones being so popular is the printing press for VR.  High quality portable screens are being mass produced. 

i don't need to ask publishers myself.  ubisoft has come out and said they won't even consider it until after it proves to be a success and you won't find EA, activision or any other major publisher on any of the "supported games" list.  it's all indies or manufactures (valve, sony).   actually, now that SoE is sold i'll bet a cookie that everquest next goes from planned to canceled.

Valve isn't a manufacturer.  SteamMachines wasn't going to be built by Valve.  Only the OS.  Valve and Sony are also software developers. 
I'm not certain as to how successful PM will be, but OR has a major advantage, being on PC. 
There will be those that mod those big games to be able to take advantage of the headset.

VR is as much a controller as kinect.  it has gryros/cameras and motion tracking galore for all the same purpose as kinect,.. to know where the user is and is looking.  without which VR is pointless,.
you could even make games that used nothing but the VR headset as the controller.   mayhaps a "dodge ball" game where you move your head left/right to avoid getting hit in the face.  fun.........

The headsets will have their own information along with camera tracking.