GamesIndustry.biz: Buying Activision Blizzard is the industry's biggest gamble

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 24, 2022, 12:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

yes and yes.   i said a lot of this somewhere else but..

1. MS's first party most be absolute chaos right now.   i've lived though being acquired twice and acquiring a major new company once.  it's really hard to merge two work cultures together and MS is trying to merge 3 big publishers (legacy, bethesada, activision) with several small studios.   change typically makes workers unhappy if for no other reason than people don't like change.   i forget the exact statistic but a vast majority of acquisitions are considered failures.

2. MS is acquiring the bottom of the barrel right now.  That might not be an entirely fair statement but they are aquiring studios that are failing to make profit and suffer from toxic working environment.   instead of MS making them better it could very well be them that make MS worse...

3. lol at the timing.  the market is absolutely crashing right now.  if MS waited just 3 months they could have gotten activation for half the price.  they literally bought at the top.   there is likely to be a lot of desperate studios in the soon and sony now has an opportunity to get a lot more bang for their buck.   i'm not sure exactly where that "MS can't acquire for 18 months" statement comes from but if true they will be missing out.  in 18 months i'll bet pretty much everything gets bought up between the various big players (as in not just sony).  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens