The gaming industry is dead. MS to buy Activision for 70 billion

Viewing single post

Started by BananaKing, Jan 18, 2022, 01:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Its really dumb how people on era just think Sony is dead now that MS own CoD.

How many CoD players are on PS total. 15 million? 20? 30? Let's say 35 million, which imo is a stretch. All those move to xbox or pc. Based on PS4 sales, you still got 85~ million who dont play CoD.

PS sales arent going to drop from 120~ million to 20 or 30 just because of 1 game.

I said in the title the industry is dead because MS seems hell bent on buying it all, and they are probably the worst publisher in gaming after square enix
how are you looking at this as only CoD?!?!?

The better question is how many players on playstation play:
- CoD
- Diablo
- Crash Bandicoot
- Spyro
- Tony Hawk
- Fallout
- Doom
- Elder Scrolls
- Wolfenstien
- hellblade
- Outer Worlds
- Dishonored
- The evil within
- Prey
- Overwatch
- king's quest
- deathloop
- psychonauts
- rage
- a ton more franchises too.

i'm not going to actually list out everything to get to a number but from the 3rd party games that matter (aka not indie games that sell 10k),.. playstation has now lost probably 30% of it's future game library due to MS acquisitions taking them away.   ...and MS is absolutely going to buy more studios and publishers.   mark my words,.. they've got their eyes on GTA and Red Dead and the witcher and 

so the far better question isn't how many people play CoD,.. it's how many people play TLoU and God of War?   maybe 20-30 million?   ...because unless you actually give a shame about sony first party there is going to be no reason to buy a playstation.   xbox's library of available games is going to be absolutely massive in comparison and specifically filled with franchises customers know and already love.

playstation isn't dead yet but only because it will take a few years for all these new studios to release games that are now no longer on playstation.  ...but ps6 is absolutely DoA.  by the time ps6 launches MS will have another 20 studios acquired and playstation's third party games will be non-existant.   i love sony but i'm not sure sony can carry their own hardware like nintendo can.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens