The gaming industry is dead. MS to buy Activision for 70 billion

Viewing single post

Started by BananaKing, Jan 18, 2022, 01:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Jan 20, 2022, 10:14 PM Last Edit: Jan 20, 2022, 10:16 PM by BananaKing
Im now convinced Phil Spencer has the best devil's flute skills in human history. How on earth can he convince his boss to do all this, when its his job to build a first party

70 billion on Activision
8.5 billion on Bethesda
2.5 billion on Minecraft
Buying spree of ninja theory, obsidian, playground games (this one is completely justified due to their success with each other), and I think double fine? Hard to keep up

His time in charge he mismanaged halo and 343 clearly can't handle the franchise and make it reach its potential
Halo 5 was a big disappointment.
Halo MCC was a huge mess
Halo infinite was a mess

Gears of War seriously declined in popularity. From one of the biggest exclusives in gaming, to something that's barely important

Lionhead shut down. Ever wild is clearly done. Crackdown was a mess. Scalebound cancelled.

Under his management weve seen forza horizon become the truly one big success story. There are others like ori, state of decay, and cuphead, but those are minor successes and nothing major. In the same generation the competition released hits like God of war, Tlou2, horizon, spiderman, spiderman MM, ghost and grew their first party considerably, without spending a fraction of what Spencer has now 

His management of his first party IP and studios has been mediocre at best, and atrocious at many times, yet somehow he was given nearly 100 billion to buy studios.

So I know what I want next Christmas, because getting promoted like this when you suck, only can happen when you truly suck