Halo Infinite |OT| Negative Infinity, I don't like it

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Oct 25, 2021, 03:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

nnodley

@nnodley

Have you played it?

Also it's interesting seeing opinions online. There is a pretty strong consensus that the gunplay and acting are good while the story and repetitiveness are bad. Depending on how people personally value things, they'll of course give the game a different overall rating.

There are two main defenses though and they are very amusing. Some people defend the game's issues by saying the first Halo had the same issues. First off of course standards have changed in 20 years. Secondly, it's not even true. Halo Combat Evolved has more unique content than Infinite. Combat Evolved even has a small open world section on an island.

The other defense is that this game is just the foundation for future dlc/sequels and expecting it to be great is asking too much. I get that kinda, they really screwed themselves over hyping this as the biggest Halo ever, but imo 343 should have pulled a ground zeroes and built it that way. Sell it for $30 and remove all the padding so it's a ~3 hour game, and then be open that it's just a primer.

I'm pretty frustrated with the fanboys because a sequel with the correct improvements could be all around amazing, but I fear this will just push 343's execs to say "this is fine" and the next decade of Halo will be a repetitive grind.
Not yet.  This is my week of crunching a bit and getting a good bit done on some stuff.  Then i'm taking all next week off and doing nothing but playing games. heh