HTC praise L.A. Noire VR, tease Rockstar Games is working on VR game for HTC Vive

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 26, 2018, 03:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

HTC praise L.A. Noire VR, tease Rockstar Games is working on VR game for HTC Vive | ResetEra

https://uploadvr.com/rockstar-games-not-done-with-vr-says-vive-studios-boss/

HTC is praising Rockstar's LA Noire VR, a game which essentially let you play LA Noire in VR with support like motion control.

Back then I praised Rockstar for raising the standard for porting a traditional game into VR, so glad to see they are continuing the effort rather than an one time thing.

LA Noire VR have support for Oculus Rift and launches on Oculus Store too, so whatever they are cooking for Vive will likely have Oculus support as well.

Hopefully GTA V VR is a thing

Turning his attention to Rockstar specifically, Breton praised the work the company did on last year's L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files. "That one, that was lovingly handcrafted," he said. "They went through everything, every art asset, every animation. Any part of the game that didn't work, they cut from the VR experience so things that ended up in those seven cases that are in the VR version, those were very very selectively chosen. They figured that would work."Click to expand...
So, you know, they're not done either," Breton said of Rockstar's work in VR. "So we're very very supportive of these studios both on the hardware side and the software side and the optimization side."Click to expand...

Legend

How limited is L.A. Noire VR compared to the original game? The interview parts of the game are super perfect for VR so I wonder if Rockstar viewed it as unique compared to their other games. A VR port of GTA would be cool but I imagine they'd want to dedicate way more time to it.

the-pi-guy

How limited is L.A. Noire VR compared to the original game? The interview parts of the game are super perfect for VR so I wonder if Rockstar viewed it as unique compared to their other games. A VR port of GTA would be cool but I imagine they'd want to dedicate way more time to it.
It was a severely cut down version with only a few cases.  

Legend

It was a severely cut down version with only a few cases.  
Thought so. Couldn't do that with their other games.