Insider: "Xbox Anaconda aims to be the clearly better performing device" compared to PS5

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 20, 2019, 05:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Insider: "Xbox Anaconda aims to be the clearly better performing device" compared to PS5 | ResetEra

MOD EDIT:

Super Barrier said:    If anything, it looks like Sony is confident their hardware is more powerful. They announced PS4 first in 2013, months before MS did, and we know how that turned out. This race is getting exciting.  Click to expand...     Klobrille said:    No.  Click to expand...     Klobrille said:    To add transparency, I've sent proof as to why I know Anaconda aims to be the the (wording suggests clearly) better performing device to Nibel. He can decide the rest.  Click to expand...     Nibel said:      

Klobrille just sent me something that I can't elaborate on for security reasons, but it does appear to be legit to the best of my knowledge.  Click to expand...  ===

Bowden is claiming to hear it from multiple insiders.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/18/xbox-ps5-next-gen-more-powerful/

https://twitter.com/Porshapwr/status/1118646585087471617?s=19

Can someone embed the Twitter post above^?

What do you all think?

Edit 2: Wow this thread blew up. Didn't know there was so much fuel for discussion. I am for one excited for e3.

Edit 3: Added poll for fun.  
[/size]

Legend

Klobrille doesn't have the best track record, but at the same time I don't doubt that Microsoft would view their system as having better specs. Heck even the og xbox one was better in MS's opinion.

As far as it actually being stronger, idk. Seems pretty 50/50.

darkknightkryta

If Microsoft is planning a 2021 release, maybe.

ethomaz

It is a 50/50 bet.

MS is the creator of DirectX after all.

kitler53

i would like to be able to fly by flapping my arms...

...it's a nothing statement.  everyone can want to be the best.  hell, everyone should want to be the best.  doesn't mean they will be.  "best" will probably change from game to game anyways depending on what is certain to be an ever shifting set of criteria to try and "win" the moment.

in the end, third party will probably be close enough to equal to not bother me on either system.   to me the important part is sony's first party developers will most likely make far more impressive use of the hardware than MS who is prioritizing that their games run generically on xbox and windows 10 and azure.  ms won't be able to take full advantage of the hardware with that strategy.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Klobrille doesn't have the best track record, but at the same time I don't doubt that Microsoft would view their system as having better specs. Heck even the og xbox one was better in MS's opinion.

As far as it actually being stronger, idk. Seems pretty 50/50.
What if the reason Cerny was talking about PS5 was to get MS to announce Xbox specs so that Sony could top them!?

*Takes off conspiracy hat*