Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Me ps4 boost but woah CoD is bigger than Mario!
Yeah COD is still seeing good general growth in Japan. Crazy that the launch is almost as big as the UK, although I guess UK digital will be a fair bit higher.

Xevross

Oct 18, 2018, 04:07 PM Last Edit: Oct 18, 2018, 04:10 PM by Xevross
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has made over $500 million in its first 3 days, players up YoY, more | ResetEra

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 18, 2018-- Activision's Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 has sold more than $500 million in sell-through (Note: this is sold, not shipped) worldwide in its first three days of release as the total number of players climbed from last year. Through its first three days of release, Black Ops 4 set a new Call of Duty® franchise record for most combined players, average hours per player and total number of hours played, on current generation consoles. The combined number of Black Ops 4 players across its three modes of play during those first three days tops both last year's Call of Duty: WWII, as well as Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (single player, multiplayer and zombies), respectively, for the same period of time.

The first Call of Duty release on Blizzard Battle.net®, Black Ops 4 on PC continues to be significantly above last year, as the number of players is more than double year over year through its first three days.

Additionally, based on minutes watched, the title delivered the highest level of viewership through launch weekend on Twitch in franchise history.

"Black Ops 4 is off to a blockbuster start. Our player counts and hours played are up year over year, our viewership on Twitch has set new standards and is showing just how fun Blackout is to play and to watch, and the weekend results yet again put Call of Duty at that highest tier of entertainment," said Rob Kostich, EVP and GM, Call of Duty. "Our digital sales results have been record-breaking across all platforms, and the overall performance strong. We're really excited about Black Ops 4's momentum. There's much more to come, we're just getting started."

Following its launch last Friday, Black Ops 4 already established a new day one record on PlayStation for digital full game sales on PlayStation Store, globally*; and also became the best-selling Activision Xbox One digital game on day one, globally**. Through its first three days, PC digital sales and active players are up significantly from last year.

Sell-through sales figures include Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 retail and digital unit sales, including Black Ops 4 season pass sales, for the opening three-days following initial launch. Sales figures based on retail customer sell-through information, Gfk Chart-Track data, and internal Activision estimates. Total players, hours per player, total hours played, and Twitch viewership based on Activision data.

Source: https://investor.activision.com/new...s-4-delivers-over-half-billion-dollar-opening   
[/size]

Biggest COD launch of the generation, by some metrics and definitively up YOY.

Benji says its looking to be down on WW2 when comparing first month sales though.

Legend

At the very least, this is a good shot in the arm to keep COD popular.

Xevross

At the very least, this is a good shot in the arm to keep COD popular.
Uhuh, well its been doing well the last few years (ignoring Infinite Warfare). As long as it keeps doing something different. WW2 did well because it was back to boots on the ground, Black Ops 3 did well because its Black Ops... I guess, this did well thanks to BR.

I think Modern Warfare 4 next year with refined BR and a good campaign (Infinite Warframe campaign was brilliant, so this is likely) and it will sell huge again.

Legend

Uhuh, well its been doing well the last few years (ignoring Infinite Warfare). As long as it keeps doing something different. WW2 did well because it was back to boots on the ground, Black Ops 3 did well because its Black Ops... I guess, this did well thanks to BR.

I think Modern Warfare 4 next year with refined BR and a good campaign (Infinite Warframe campaign was brilliant, so this is likely) and it will sell huge again.
Well I wasn't ignoring Infinite Warfare  :P

That kinda felt like it was signaling COD was past its prime and that Battlefield was replacing it.

Xevross

Well I wasn't ignoring Infinite Warfare  :P

That kinda felt like it was signaling COD was past its prime and that Battlefield was replacing it.
Yeah, it was a game no one wanted and it wasn't particularly good. I barely touched the MP in that game.

BananaKing

Just an FYI this includes season pass sales. Not sure if past CoD sale figured included that. However this is still huge for Activision and it seems the blackout bet payed off. Im not sure if there will be anymore single player campaigns for CoD going forward

Legend

Just an FYI this includes season pass sales. Not sure if past CoD sale figured included that. However this is still huge for Activision and it seems the blackout bet payed off. Im not sure if there will be anymore single player campaigns for CoD going forward
I hadn't thought about that but yeah. Will they ever bother with a campaign again?

Xevross

I hadn't thought about that but yeah. Will they ever bother with a campaign again?
For sure. I think they're smart enough to know they would have sold even more if they shipped a campaign as well as BR. They had to throw out campaign because BR was a late addon, but with early planning going forwards they can easily fit both in. I'll be shocked if next year's doesn't have a campaign. I'd love a new MW story.

Cute Pikachu

Numbers up for September!
Porkmagic gave them
PS4 with the % increase sold 425-430k!!!

Switch sold about 260k!!
Xbox sold something it's about similar to last year's number.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Kerotan

Record breaking cod sales in Japan. GG.

MW4 next year, campaign, battle royale. It will sell big.

The year after whatever sledgehammer do. Probably won't be as big but will include battle royale and possibly mw2 remastered. It will also sell big. The year after BOV. It will sell. Next 3 years sorted.

Kerotan

Average ps4 sales for the 5 September weeks was 85k. Europe probably 120k. Asia probably 50k. WW ps4 September sales id guess 1.4m. Can October break 1.2m? Would be crazy to do 2.6m sales for those 2 months in year 5. November should be tasty too and probably bigger then December.

Xevross

UK Charts:
01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION)
02 (02) FIFA 19 (EA SPORTS)
03 (03) ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY (UBISOFT)
04 (06) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (05) FORZA HORIZON 4 (MICROSOFT)
06 (NE) LEGO DC SUPER-VILLAINS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
07 (07) SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
08 (NE) SOULCALIBUR VI (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
09 (08) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)
10 (09) SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX)
11 (04) WWE 2K19 (2K)
12 (RE) DARK SOULS REMASTERED (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
13 (10) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
14 (NE) STARLINK: BATTLE FOR ATLAS (UBISOFT)
15 (12) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
16 (16) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
17 (14) THE EVIL WITHIN 2 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
18 (15) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
19 (17) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
20 (24) LEGO THE INCREDIBLES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
21 (34) PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
22 (37) RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
23 (NE) LUIGI'S MANSION (NINTENDO)
24 (19) PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (MICROSOFT)
25 (26) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
26 (20) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
27 (25) FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 (MICROSOFT)
28 (29) SONIC MANIA PLUS (SEGA)
29 (22) ASTRO BOT RESCUE MISSION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
30 (31) MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
31 (11) TEKKEN 7 (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
32 (18) F1 2018 (CODEMASTERS)
33 (30) HELLO NEIGHBOR (GEARBOX PUBLISHING)
34 (23) THE SIMS 4 (EA GAMES)
35 (13) PROJECT CARS 2 (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
36 (RE) MARIO TENNIS ACES (NINTENDO)
37 (28) NBA 2K19 (2K)
38 (33) ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
39 (RE) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION)
40 (27) EA SPORTS UFC 3 (EA SPORTS)

Spidey legs are incredible. COD had a fantastic second week hold (only -39%), this seems to be a bit of a trend with the UK this year. First week underperforming but legs partly making up for it.

Xevross

Platform splits:

PS4 is dominating.

Dr. Pezus

Platform splits:

PS4 is dominating.
Dat crash split tho

Go Up