PS4 91.6 million sold (December 31), Spiderman over 9 million (November 25th)

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 08, 2019, 01:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Tomb Raider Director Says "I'm not worried about Spider-Man".."This has been a great year for games" | ResetEra

While we can all agree that Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Marvel's Spider-Man are two different games, there's always a chance that the fanbases intersect. By how much is up for debate. Considering the high--some might say extreme--anticipation for a new game starring the comic book web-slinger, one might suspect Eidos and Square Enix are worried. SOTTR launches on September 14th, just a week after the PS4 exclusive hits the market. Thus, when asked how they felt about competition, Eidos Monreal's lead writer and game director responded:  Click to expand...      "This has been a great year for games," Murray told COGconnected.

"Yea, exactly that. I'm not worried about Spider-Man," Bisson said. "I have friends working on it, so I'm very happy for them too, and I think, you were saying it, it's a great year. And for me, Spider-Man and Shadow of the Tomb Raider can co-exist. It's a different experience. One's way more about movement, the city and things, and this one is way more about exploring and finding things that make life special."

"Only one game has Lara Croft," Murray finished.  Click to expand...  http://cogconnected.com/2018/08/tomb-raider-game-director-talks-new-camera-responds-spider-man/

What y'all think? Will the games bump heads or do their own thing? What is the hype for Tomb Raider looking like?  
[/size]

Guy claiming that Spiderman is niche for games, even though he's popular elsewhere .

Go Up