PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Could astrobot vr actually be a sleeper?

As far as VR platformers go, it could easily be the best one yet.

the-pi-guy

Ya'll are gonna be surprised how good platformers can be in VR.  

nnodley

Legend

nnodley

I'm expecting nothing new for TLOUII
probably not, but I'm in for the dynamic theme and the main theme for the game.

Xevross

Ooh I want that theme.

nnodley

Sep 26, 2018, 04:01 PM Last Edit: Sep 26, 2018, 04:22 PM by nnodley
and....the site is down!

Bought the volume 1 vinyl repress of the last of us!  So hyped.  I wanted to get it the first time it came out but I missed it and it sold out.

theme is dope!

DD_Bwest

Just Finished SM,  i am impressed not just from a gameplay standpoint but also the solid story.   also love a game where getting the platinum upon completion is duable with some work.

Kerotan

A lot of resetera are convinced ps5 gets announced spring next year and released fall 2019. I just can't see it. Hopefully fall 2020 at the earliest. I want as big a jump as possible from the ps4 Pro to the ps5. Can't see xbox releasing in 2019 either due to xbox x being too recent and it would be hard to get a big upgrade on it.

Hopefully Sony and Microsoft either go fall 2020 or even better 2021. It's in their interests as starting new gens harm profits and by fall 2021 they could blow us away all over again with powerful hardware at a reasonable price.

DerNebel

There is no way in hell Sony is waiting until late 2021. They are clearly gearing up for next gen and have pretty much run out of significant new games to announce for the PS4. They are not going to string people along for 2 full more years of conferences without talking about the PS5, that would be a marketing disaster.

Some time ago I would have said late 2020 myself but it's becoming increasingly clearer that Sony is actually targeting something earlier. I still don't see 2019, but I think it'll release somewhere around spring 2020. The system will be fully backwards compatible and TLOU2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima will release as cross gen titles, or in case any or all of them release before the PS5 they will receive specific PS5 enhancements via update. Additionally Sony is probably trying to get Horizon 2 as a launch or near launch title, plus potentially something from Sony Japan both as true PS5 exclusives.

I believe the visual jump next gen is going to feel fairly small compared to the past and I hope that increased focus is put on better framerates, load times and AI instead.

That's my theory right now.

Kerotan

There is no way in hell Sony is waiting until late 2021. They are clearly gearing up for next gen and have pretty much run out of significant new games to announce for the PS4. They are not going to string people along for 2 full more years of conferences without talking about the PS5, that would be a marketing disaster.

Some time ago I would have said late 2020 myself but it's becoming increasingly clearer that Sony is actually targeting something earlier. I still don't see 2019, but I think it'll release somewhere around spring 2020. The system will be fully backwards compatible and TLOU2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima will release as cross gen titles, or in case any or all of them release before the PS5 they will receive specific PS5 enhancements via update. Additionally Sony is probably trying to get Horizon 2 as a launch or near launch title, plus potentially something from Sony Japan both as true PS5 exclusives.

I believe the visual jump next gen is going to feel fairly small compared to the past and I hope that increased focus is put on better framerates, load times and AI instead.

That's my theory right now.
2021 is only a disaster if Microsoft release in 2020. The sooner they launch the less likely we get a machine that can do 4k properly and 60fps. It's bad for us if they were to wait an extra year and we'd get most games running 4k 60fps.

Ps4 also doesn't need knew announcements. Sony can always take a year out from full 1st party support for the ps4 and let 3rd parties carry it as it winds down and Sony goes all in on ps5 year 1 and 2 titles.

GTA VI will probably release in 2020 or 2021 so imo it would be wise to launch the ps5 after that comes out on ps4. There's easily enough third party titles to cover a gap year for Sony. In this case 2020. Personally i hope 2021, logically I think they launch holiday 2020. Any earlier and I won't be buying at launch.

DerNebel

2021 is only a disaster if Microsoft release in 2020. The sooner they launch the less likely we get a machine that can do 4k properly and 60fps. It's bad for us if they were to wait an extra year and we'd get most games running 4k 60fps.

bolded: Which they obviously will, so that whole point is mute.

Ps4 also doesn't need knew announcements. Sony can always take a year out from full 1st party support for the ps4 and let 3rd parties carry it as it winds down and Sony goes all in on ps5 year 1 and 2 titles.

Lol, sure just like the 360 didn't need new first party games or exciting announcements in its final years, that certainly didn't do any harm to the Xbox One. Dragging out the same three games alongside some third party announcements (which in case you haven't noticed Microsoft has been going after way harder recently) for the next 2 years would be beyond moronic.

GTA VI will probably release in 2020 or 2021 so imo it would be wise to launch the ps5 after that comes out on ps4. There's easily enough third party titles to cover a gap year for Sony. In this case 2020. Personally i hope 2021, logically I think they launch holiday 2020. Any earlier and I won't be buying at launch.

bolded: If you say so... but why in the world would Sony or MS hold the launch of their next gen system back because of GTAVI? That game can easily be cross-gen. Or if Rockstar wants the double dippers so much, they can release it on old hardware first and on the new systems a couple months later or so.

Kerotan

Quote me properly because it won't let me quote you when you reply like that.

Microsoft obviously will? I don't think it's obvious when the xbox x only came out in 2017. There's also a major shortage for parts going on atm. What if that gets even worse. Could be reason enough to put it back to 2021 it getting parts in 2020 isn't feasible. While next xbox in 2020 is most likely it's in no way obvious.

GTA 6 being on current gen only for the first year of ps5 is going to make ps5 less attractive if all the buzz is still on a ps4 game. Its only a small point but ideally you don't want to laumch before a game like that.

Finally it's contradictory to say Microsoft going hard with late gen announcements like Sony did last gen. Do you think Microsoft will blow their load and have most of the devs release titles during the last 18 months of the xbox one gen? Nah they'll save them for the next generation otherwise they'll blow their load on this gen and Sony will slaughter them the first 2 years of ps5 era.

Sony didn't get it 100% right with the ps4. It was lacking in killer exclusives the first 2 years just not as bad as Microsoft. Games like gran turismo 6 and god of war ascension should have been ps4 launch titles.

1 year from now is fall 2019. 2 years it's fall 2020. Please god no new consoles before then. Anything after fall 2020 I'll take as a bonus.

Legend

The graphics jump should still be pretty good. There are a lot of new rendering techniques that are really close to being viable.

My hope/expectation is that next gen will go all in with dynamic game interactions like Zelda/Last Guardian had. Especially with VR games it just feels so lame when you as a player think objects should interact in a certain way but instead they don't. e.g. a button on a wall will be triggered by the button physically moving instead of just being triggered by a button press. That way it can be triggered by the player, but it can also be triggered by tossing a rock or just doing anything that would potentially work in real life.

2019 seems like it might happen for PS4 but I personally would prefer 2020.

DerNebel

Quote me properly because it won't let me quote you when you reply like that.

Microsoft obviously will? I don't think it's obvious when the xbox x only came out in 2017. There's also a major shortage for parts going on atm. What if that gets even worse. Could be reason enough to put it back to 2021 it getting parts in 2020 isn't feasible. While next xbox in 2020 is most likely it's in no way obvious.

GTA 6 being on current gen only for the first year of ps5 is going to make ps5 less attractive if all the buzz is still on a ps4 game. Its only a small point but ideally you don't want to laumch before a game like that.

Finally it's contradictory to say Microsoft going hard with late gen announcements like Sony did last gen. Do you think Microsoft will blow their load and have most of the devs release titles during the last 18 months of the xbox one gen? Nah they'll save them for the next generation otherwise they'll blow their load on this gen and Sony will slaughter them the first 2 years of ps5 era.

Sony didn't get it 100% right with the ps4. It was lacking in killer exclusives the first 2 years just not as bad as Microsoft. Games like gran turismo 6 and god of war ascension should have been ps4 launch titles.

1 year from now is fall 2019. 2 years it's fall 2020. Please god no new consoles before then. Anything after fall 2020 I'll take as a bonus.

I'll just reply to the bolded: I'm not saying that at all, but MS have already started talking about their next console and they've made statements to the effect that their future consoles will abandon and that all their games will work on all their systems, I don't believe that will stay true forever but it puts them in the position where they can still announce new first party titles without running the risk of marketing games to people that won't be able to play on the hardware they own today.

Like I've said, Sony has imo also already announced games that will be in some shape or form cross generation, however as of this point I believe that no major currently unannounced game in development at a Sony first party studio is still targeting PS4 hardware and I highly doubt that Sony's announcement strategy for the next couple years is going to be to announce games that people won't be able to play on their PS4's nor that they plan to announce nothing either.

Also there's the simple fact that we've had two Resetera insiders recently straight up saying that Sony's original target for the PS5 was 2019 and that at least as of not so long ago that year was still in the running.

Go Up