Helldivers 2 |OT| Trying to serve 459k players (Bigger than GTA V)

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 23, 2024, 04:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Release Date :February 8, 2024

Platforms :PlayStation 5, PC

Developer : Arrowhead Game Studios

Publisher : Sony Interactive Entertainment

Current CCU on Steam

CCU rankings on Steam

the-pi-guy

nnodley

so any explanation on why they went from a more isometric/top down camera to full on 3rd person?

i don't care for isometric games so i'm more intrigued by this one with it being 3rd person

maybe just budget, i guess

kitler53

so any explanation on why they went from a more isometric/top down camera to full on 3rd person?

i don't care for isometric games so i'm more intrigued by this one with it being 3rd person

maybe just budget, i guess
I feel like you answered your own question.  

this wants to be more appealing to the mass market.  not sure its working because buzz seems pretty low but it wants to be more attractive to the masses. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

It feels a lot like Housemarque going over the shoulder for Returnal. Hopefully the payoff is equally as good.

BananaKing

I don't understand why this isn't F2P.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

I don't understand why this isn't F2P.
because i'm going to drop $40 on it?

the-pi-guy

Feb 10, 2024, 04:34 AM Last Edit: Feb 10, 2024, 04:36 AM by the-pi-guy
deFZF8tuo-Y.jpg

now that i know this exists (thanks to starfield) i'm watching the ccu on steam for helldivers:
https://steamdb.info/app/553850/charts/

not too shabby.   its no fortnight or GTA but i'm happy to see it's a decent success.   i was super surprised when i downloaded the original ~7 years after release and found enough people to play with that i always had a full party.   i assume that this game will be able to maintain at least that small passionate community after this mostly positive reception.
GoW was the previous biggest for Sony at 73,529

Spider-Man: 66,436

the-pi-guy

PC launch had some matchmaking issues at launch.

Was sitting at like 55% for reviews. Up to 74.5% after the patch today.

BananaKing

Seems like a solid success so far. I hope it can maintain a good player base and continue to sell.

kitler53

Seems like a solid success so far. I hope it can maintain a good player base and continue to sell.
I can say ot os fun in groups.  Too hard solo imo.   The difficulties in match making had better get fully resolved. 

Legend

At 136,695 concurrent players and growing. Best a paid Microsoft game (Halo MCC) has ever done on steam is 161k so I wonder if it'll beat that.

Halo Infinite hit 272k and Destiny 2 hit 316k, just to give some context.

kitler53

thanks for that reference point legend.    never would have thought helldivers had a chance of besting halo infinite: f2p and halo.     ...probably wont but it's over 50% of the way already and will probably grow a bit more from here.

the-pi-guy

Go Up