PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

DerNebel

I don't really want Sony to buy any existing studios, unless they're already making exclusives (like Insomniac).

I'm not happy with MS for buying up studios that were doing fine releasing multiplats, they're basically just paying long term for titles not to come to playstation, steam or nintendo. Its a bad practice and I'm annoyed MS are going in so hard with it.

I think Sony should maybe look into buy Insomniac, or smaller Japanese studios like Falcom. Apart from that, making new studios is much more important.
The things that really piss me off, is when I see people scream for MS to buy  studios like Insomniac. It's situations like this where I would really like to tell people off for being such giant fanboys.

Insomniac has made 1 fudgy game for MS, a game that bombed, leaving MS uninterested in funding its sequel, but here you have people screaming for MS to buy that studio simply because they want see games taken away from a community that has actually proven to buy and appreciate their games and so they can add them to their fudgy list wars.

People screaming for MS to buy Insomniac legitimately disgusts me. It'd be like people screaming for Sony to buy Remedy or (before their MS acquisition) Playground games.