Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Max King of the Wild

Jul 29, 2016, 03:52 PM Last Edit: Jul 29, 2016, 04:24 PM by Max King of the Wild
Funding Christmas!

(that auto correct is marvelous!)

I knew I read it needed 500m. Someone asked me for a source but I couldn't find it due to the movie just releasing and every site analysing the performance and what it needs to break even. I go on vgc to see how Sony report matches with them and I see a thread...

Paul Feig on Making His Ghostbusters Reboot -- Vulture

The poster did say he is talking about the studios expectations and not break even point. Still, break even point can't be too far below that. Can we call it a mega flop yet?

Why did my last comment save over the comment I made previously?

Max King of the Wild

That movie was absolutely garbage. Holy shame if there were no drama prior to release this movie would have been annihilated with critics and shredded to obscurity and never spoken of again. You can thank the drama for helping the movie make what it did

Mmm_fish_tacos

I want to see it now because it gets so much hate

Legend

Max King of the Wild

Jul 30, 2016, 01:17 AM Last Edit: Jul 30, 2016, 01:32 AM by Max King of the Wild
My sister works at the theater so I go often for free. She gave me an attitude because she didn't want to see the movie. Instead wanted to see star trek. I convinced her to go to ghostbusters instead.

It wasn't worth it. 2pm show time and the guy next to me was snoring by 3

I want to see it now because it gets so much hate
It was lowbrow slapstick. No coherent plot. Unspecial effects. The cast was two bit snl/mad TV/the office actors. The protagonist had a cliche motive and no background (somehow he was a paranormal physicist engineer working out of a high class hotel basement as a janitor). McCarthy did not have a single funny line and Wiigs humor was out of place for the setting. Each scene was a pathetic attempt at an snl skit. The big screen was beyond the acting ability of some characters (cicily strong specifically)

Raven

My sister works at the theater so I go often for free. She gave me an attitude because she didn't want to see the movie. Instead wanted to see star trek. I convinced her to go to ghostbusters instead.

It wasn't worth it. 2pm show time and the guy next to me was snoring by 3
It was lowbrow slapstick. No coherent plot. Unspecial effects. The cast was two bit snl/mad TV/the office actors. The protagonist had a cliche motive and no background (somehow he was a paranormal physicist engineer working out of a high class hotel basement as a janitor). McCarthy did not have a single funny line and Wiigs humor was out of place for the setting. Each scene was a pathetic attempt at an snl skit. The big screen was beyond the acting ability of some characters (cicily strong specifically)
Really not surprised. Movies like this which seek to change or replace beloved characters in a pathetic attempt to pander to a certain group end up sucking. Mostly because it seems like the whole point is, "Look how diverse and sensitive we are!" instead of trying to actually make a good movie.

Max King of the Wild

Jul 30, 2016, 08:05 AM Last Edit: Jul 30, 2016, 08:24 AM by Max King of the Wild
Really not surprised. Movies like this which seek to change or replace beloved characters in a pathetic attempt to pander to a certain group end up sucking. Mostly because it seems like the whole point is, "Look how diverse and sensitive we are!" instead of trying to actually make a good movie.
People are arguing with me that this movie wasn't lowbrow slapstick and asking if we saw the same movie... Opening seen of the movie a guy runs into a haunted basement, realizes he messed up and then runs up rickety stairs as they collapse and hangs off a ledge. This is the ghost that, shortly after, pukes all over Wiig in the trailer. Which, Wiig makes the lowbrow joke that the slime got in every crack. As they test the proton packs, again clip in the trailer, McCarthy is being thrown around. And the scene, again in the trailer, where McCarthy gets possessed, Jones is holding McKinnon,  who got picked up with one hand and thrown out a window, by one hand and fighting of McCarthy (who rotates her head around) off with the other. Oh, and semi spoiler, they beat the bad guy (keyword guy) by a cliche lowbrow typical slapstick move...

Every scene with Hemsworth was lowbrow (he plays an idiot)

I wanted sharp quick wit banter with characters that played well off each other.  Instead, we got a ghostbuster parody.

Each nod to the franchise felt out of place or forced. The tone and setting of the movie were completely out of place for the franchise.

At the end of the movie there was a huge unnecessary action scene which was out of place.

And to support my claim of the cast, there were 10 characters from SNL in the movie that I caught. 1 from mad and 1 from the office

Oh an one thing that I just couldn't get past... The proton packs destroyed the ghosts... Sometimes

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Max King of the Wild

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Why is Pixar so disproportionately unpopular in ROW vs US as compared to some other animated movies, most being way worse than Pixar ones?

Legend

Cute Pikachu

In case your wondering predictions are putting it at 10 million plus less than into darkness.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Go Up