Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production, Competing Cuts, High Anxiety - NeoGAF

Warners chief Kevin Tsujihara announced the project in October 2014 as part of a slate of 10 DC films stretching into 2020. Though the studio believed there was enough time to get the movie done, a source with ties to the project says it was a sprint from the start. "(Ayer) wrote the script in like, six weeks, and they just went," he says, arguing that the whole process would have benefited if Ayer, 48, had been given more time to work. But another source closely involved with the film says once it was dated, pushing back the release was not an option: "It's not just that you've told the public the movie is coming, you've made huge deals around the world with huge branding partners, with merchandise partners. It's a really big deal to move a tentpole date."

A source with knowledge of events says Warners executives, nervous from the start, grew more anxious after they were blindsided and deeply rattled by the tepid response to BvS. "Kevin was really pissed about damage to the brand," says one executive close to the studio. A key concern for Warners executives was that Suicide Squad didn't deliver on the fun, edgy tone promised in the strong teaser trailer for the film. So while Ayer pursued his original vision, Warners set about working on a different cut, with an assist from Trailer Park, the company that had made the teaser.

In May, Ayer's more somber version and a lighter, studio-favored version were tested with audiences in Northern California. "If there are multiple opinions that aren't in sync, you go down multiple tracks — two tracks at least," says an insider. "That was the case here for a period of time, always trying to get to a place where you have consensus." Those associated with the film insist Ayer agreed to and participated in the process. Once feedback on the two versions was analyzed, it became clear it was possible to get to "a very common-ground place." (The studio-favored version with more characters introduced early in the film and jazzed-up graphics won.) Getting to that place of consensus, however, required millions of dollars worth of additional photography.

Full Article
 Man, sounds like this thing really went through the ringer.

Dr. Pezus

I'm not surprised. Looked like a heap movie wise since the beginning. Still, it looks leaps better than bvs in the entertainment department. DC movies are just shame
Tell that to Nolan

You can tell that's lack of direction in the whole scheme of things. Director changes in aquaman and flash. Other films switch focus mid production. They've went in half assed and are force feeding us

This movie needs about 450m to break even....
It will get there easily

Max King of the Wild

Aug 03, 2016, 05:42 PM Last Edit: Aug 03, 2016, 05:48 PM by Max King of the Wild
Tell that to Nolan
It will get there easily
It will. It being profitable isn't a question. However, the fact that it has such a bloated budget is ridiculous. Which is what I was trying to point out. I think they could have made just as good of a movie without the big budget... Seriously, will Smith? How many millions did he take up which you could have easily saved by casting someone else without a dip in talent. (I like will.)

The company who made the trailer helped reshoot? What the fudge? Lol

Dr. Pezus

It will. It being profitable isn't a question. However, the fact that it has such a bloated budget is ridiculous. Which is what I was trying to point out. I think they could have made just as good of a movie without the big budget... Seriously, will Smith? How many millions did he take up which you could have easily saved by casting someone else without a dip in talent. (I like will.)

The company who made the trailer helped reshoot? What the fudge? Lol
Well Smith is supposedly the best part about the movie

BananaKing

and here we go again with the DC fanboys. barking about reviewers because the movies suck and cant accept it. i cant wait for the "just watch the movie and decide for yourself" argument.

Max King of the Wild

and here we go again with the DC fanboys. barking about reviewers because the movies suck and cant accept it. i cant wait for the "just watch the movie and decide for yourself" argument.
I've already got that shame on Facebook.
"marvel movie bias"
me: shut up there is no bias. These movies just aren't good.
Someone Else: shut your lollipop sucking mouth

Max King of the Wild

Aug 04, 2016, 07:53 PM Last Edit: Aug 04, 2016, 07:56 PM by Max King of the Wild
Ghost busters at 111m domestic. Tomorrow it will drastically cut available theaters with the release of Suicide Squad. Remember, this movie was expected to have a high multiplier due to McCarthy, comedy and fieg (160m was suppose to be reachable). After second weekend drop bigger than expected the expectations changed to 130m. I'm not sure if it'll be able to reach that. Let's say it does 6m from here to Sunday. It will need 13m left. That would be about another two weeks at its current rate

Next week, Petes dragon and sausage party takes up theater spots. This week, suicide squad and nine lives

Max King of the Wild

Star Trek is flopping in the foreign markets. Should really be about 20% higher than it is right now. Still, will lose less money than ghost busters thanks to stronger US sales (already 10m more and a week less) and Chinese launch.

Ghostbusters pretty much done this week. 20m left to cross 200m and 13m left to cross the post released revised lower end expectations for domestic.

the-pi-guy

I actually liked the Lego Movie.  
Some parts I didn't like though.

Legend

I actually liked the Lego Movie.  
Some parts I didn't like though.
I thought everyone liked it?

the-pi-guy

Max King of the Wild

BananaKing

man are the DC fanboys going full force. "roten tomatoes hates DC",  "if this had marvel on it everybody would love it", "just watch it for yourself and then decide, i loved it", "reviewers dont know shame and are biased against DC". seriously, the amount of butt hurt on the internet because this movie sucks is incredible. they really just cant accept that people dont like DC movies because they are DC, but because they suck.

Max King of the Wild

Aug 14, 2016, 05:09 PM Last Edit: Aug 14, 2016, 05:13 PM by Max King of the Wild
man are the DC fanboys going full force. "roten tomatoes hates DC",  "if this had marvel on it everybody would love it", "just watch it for yourself and then decide, i loved it", "reviewers dont know shame and are biased against DC". seriously, the amount of butt hurt on the internet because this movie sucks is incredible. they really just cant accept that people dont like DC movies because they are DC, but because they suck.
I like the movieweb page on Facebook. I made a post "DC fan boys in overtime"

They are so bad. To the "don't listen to critics. Decide for yourself" I always respond, "it isn't my job to blindly support a movie with my hard earned money. It's the movie makers job to give me something I'm excited to see"

"Marvel is for kids"

Me: actually, both marvel and DC are for adults being as those are the ones who have the money to pay to go see it.

"DC ismore dark and deep"

Me: there nothing more deep in DC than marvel and being shot in a dark environment doesn't make it better

Go Up