Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Just watched Soul. Brilliant, brilliant.

Xevross

1917 is banging. Fantastic movie. Not a classic but its close. The camera in it is fantastic. GOW level shame.
I really loved 1917, its extremely well made. The camera is definitely the shining part of it, like GOW it elevates the whole thing.

darkknightkryta

So I watched, I guess half, of Wonder Woman.  Not the new one.  It was so boring.  Even that last fight with Ares was so bleh.  Why was it so praised?  I mean, Chris Pine is acting gold, but everything else was so... bland.  Even Gal Gadot was off.  She played a better Wonder Woman in that hack job of a movie that Whedon put together called Justice League.  Was there some amazing movie from when they leave the island to when she fights on the battlefield?

Legend

I'm on an Alien binge. I've watched Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 Extended so far.

I'd definitely say the first one is my favorite. Still need to watch Alien Resurrection (haven't seen it) and I might watch the AVPs (have seen them).

Legend

Legend

I finally got around to watching the lighthouse.

Spoiler for Hidden:
It was really bad and too simple. Like I guess people were supposed to think stuff was actually happening? It felt incredibly obvious to me from almost the very beginning that it was just in their heads. Seems the director did not want viewers to feel this way, so this is a failure on both my end and the film.<br><br>

Dr. Pezus

Saw Raya and the last dragon and was blown away! Audiovisual feast and a decent plot imo

kitler53

Saw Raya and the last dragon and was blown away! Audiovisual feast and a decent plot imo
cool.  I'll watch it when it comes to the non-premium disney+. 

I watched tenet last night.  I think someone here was ragging on it but I liked it.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

cool.  I'll watch it when it comes to the non-premium disney+.

I watched tenet last night.  I think someone here was ragging on it but I liked it.  
I can't remember who it was, I was the one was saying I liked it a lot.

I'm looking forward to watching this, I love Disney animations

Dr. Pezus

Also, I really liked the badass female characters. Seemed unusual for a Disney film (lots of female characters but usually princesses etc)

nnodley

Yeah i really like Tenet.  Those are the type of movies i think Christopher Nolan is best at.  Interstellar and tenet are both great.

kitler53

Mar 08, 2021, 01:46 AM Last Edit: Mar 08, 2021, 01:54 AM by kitler53
I really like tenet as well. the reverse time machine was a pretty cool take on time travel.  

I don't have anything in particular to complain about but I did feel like the idea wasn't as fully realized as inception was.  still a great idea with some pretty awesome fight/action scences as a result of the premise. 

Also, I really liked the badass female characters. Seemed unusual for a Disney film (lots of female characters but usually princesses etc)
a sign of the times.  no one wants to see a damsel in distress type movie anymore. 

personally I'm a bit disappointed that so much of "equality" is making women be agressive, violent, and independent. it is basically writing the role for a man and casting a women.   I genuinely think the quote "femine" qualities deserve to be idolized more: kindness, empathy, community, ect. 

I suppose that doesn't make for as entertaining of a movie though. 

BananaKing

cool.  I'll watch it when it comes to the non-premium disney+.

I watched tenet last night.  I think someone here was ragging on it but I liked it.  
I hated tenet. Well, didnt hate it. But its bellow meh

Legend

Raya was great. Had dumb baby humor but I'd recomend it. No spoilers Kitler, but watch it. Plot was original.

Tenet was also great. I liked it less on my second viewing but I still love it.

kitler53

Raya was great. Had dumb baby humor but I'd recomend it. No spoilers Kitler, but watch it. Plot was original.

Tenet was also great. I liked it less on my second viewing but I still love it.
aye aye captain.  I intended to but I'll watch it with my wife.  might be a while before we are both in the mood for.   we just got to soul last weekend,.. 

dice this is the right thread soul was pretty meh.  felt like the recycled inside out's premise. 

Go Up