The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

the-pi-guy

IBT: What's the relationship between Oculus and Sony like?

Luckey: I knew some people at Sony working on VR before I even started my Kickstarter campaign actually, and we brought them in early on to show them what we were working on, to talk about what the minimum standards were for a good VR experience. What does it take to make something that won't make people uncomfortable and won't turn people off of virtual reality?

IBT: Sony appears to be best poised to challenge the Rift with the PlayStation VR, which works with the PlayStation 4.

Luckey: That might be true. I think that there's not many people who already own a PS4 who don't own a gaming PC who are going to go out and make that roughly $1500 all-in investment in the Rift. It really is a separate market. They're bringing virtual reality to a different group of people who I don't think where ever really a part of our market anyway.

It's also worth noting that their headset isn't quite as high-end as ours -- it's still, I think, a good headset -- and the PlayStation 4 is not nearly as powerful as our recommended spec for a PC.
Expected.  
Also you can hit the little paper button in the top corner before pasting, and you can avoid the gigantic font, or weird font, etc.