To do list: Please post all errors/issues you experience here.

Started by Michael Armbrust, Apr 25, 2015, 03:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Michael Armbrust

BBC and Posts
  • Youtube Embed
  • Twitter Embed
  • Webm Embed
  • Spoilers
  • Random block. Have one of its children randomly displayed. So many uses!
  • Time block. Display different child depending on time of day, week, etc.
  • Add button in reply box to split element. IE split a quote
  • Make url button not fudge up and add a double http at the front
  • Add and set up buttons for all custom bbc
  • Merge double posts

Server
  • Set server time to UST
  • Install PHP fork

Threads and Posts
  • Live View
  • Record Edits
  • Multiple OPs with edit rights
  • On message index, show if a thread is bumped. Remove bump once op is edited.
  • BBC in thread titles, that must be approved by moderators Decided against. The few cases BBC is helpful in subjects can be handled better in another way.
  • Long thread titles
  • put space below textbox so users can see their typing on mobile
  • Quoted images show in thumbnail size
  • Make SCEDITOR fit the theme!

General
  • Custom Theme
  • Stat collection hourly instead of daily
  • Increased stats, including similar to www snoopsnoo com
  • No follow on external links, and such SEO
  • Honeypot to catch spambots
  • Fix forum width on mobile. Currently ever so slightly too wide
  • Make forum index
  • Make mobile browsing more compact with sub menus
  • Make user options for large images to be automatically hidden in image previews, so that mobile data is not wasted
  • Add a third notification option: email, alerts, and index icons. Thus quotes and the like show in index if desired.
  • Make alerts automatically viewed.
  • Fix slight "wobble" when loading pages. Probably caused by being mobile friendly
  • Add sort icons to message index, like in unread posts/updated topics.
  • Make links to individual posts, simply by doing msg=. Done at very beginning of load.php I assume
  • Make topic subjects only appear if different than op subject.
  • Make JumpTo appear always, instead of disappearing on small screens/mobile
  • Give stickies weight. A 1 sticky shows on that board only. A 2 sticky shows upwards to the parent as well. A 3 sticky sticks on 3 levels and so on.
  • Make header bar, log in bar, position fixed if user is guest.
  • Make appearance of forum index suck less.

Moderation System
  • Advanced Point devaluation, like on forum 1.0
  • Imprisoned users, for bots and permabans
  • Mod thread for banned users to talk in

Bots
  • Fix lazy links
  • Quote posts and messages
  • Create thumbnails of large images, and reformat bbc as needed
  • Quotes for links should be placed at end of paragraph

Shop
  • Make icons, the things next to subjects, buyable items in the store. Have some that are used up per thread, while others are lifetime rights.
  • Make shop itself

Profiles
  • User threads/walls
  • User scratchpad
  • Friend System
  • Show total profile views
  • Ultimate profiles

Signatures
  • Make sig textbox use wysiwyg editor
  • Limit to 250p in height and then scale on mobile

Glitches/errors
  • message icons slightly distort post body area in threads.
  • Twitter embed breaks smilies.
"Gamer by heart, human by birth" -Legend

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

I'm sure you are touching lots of stuff.  
I'm having some weird issues.  

I tried quoting a post where you said you were testing stuff, and it said "I can't just modify any post."
Then I tried to back up and try quoting and rewriting the post, this time it said that the post was already made.  
Also I tried tweets, and it worked but then I went back, and it stopped working and said Error Invalid ID and stuff.  

Michael Armbrust

I'm sure you are touching lots of stuff.  
I'm having some weird issues.  

I tried quoting a post where you said you were testing stuff, and it said "I can't just modify any post."
Then I tried to back up and try quoting and rewriting the post, this time it said that the post was already made.  
Also I tried tweets, and it worked but then I went back, and it stopped working and said Error Invalid ID and stuff.  
Looks like the tweet function is breaking everything!

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

Michael Armbrust

Wait did a bunch of posts delete?

Also when inserting a quote it should refocus at the end.

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

May 23, 2015, 02:44 AM Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:59 AM by testpi
My demands are simple.  
Which means they are actually super complicated...
That's how programming goes...

1.)
Emoticons should work after tweets.

2.)
Those other super awesome features that are available in 1.0 should be available in 2.0.

3.)
Perhaps The Machine could be modified to fix posts in the counting threads...  ? :o
I'll think of more when more comes to mind.  

Michael Armbrust

My demands are simple.  
Which means they are actually super complicated...
That's how programming goes...

1.)
Emoticons should work after tweets.

2.)
Those other super awesome features that are available in 1.0 should be available in 2.0.

3.)
Perhaps The Machine could be modified to fix posts in the counting threads...  ? :o
I'll think of more when more comes to mind.  
I literally just copied over the tweet code from the previous site. That seems to be biting me in the but a lot haha. These smaller things are great to get taken care of right now.
Like which ones? As far as big ticket items go, I've got the forum shop up next. Then after that it'll be time to transfer on over.
Going off this list, Please rank forum features, from your most liked to least liked - page 1 - VizionEck Forum

Live view, tweet embedding, youtube embedding, countdown, forum index, shop, spoiler tags, sunset overdrive and halo fonts, webm tags, vimeo embedding, post history, mentions, BBC in thread titles, customized user walls, posting on user walls, buddies, viewing single posts, image resizing, post countdown, and multiple users per OP.

All of these are modifications that I added to the core forum software. With upgrading to forum 2.0 though, I need to rebuild most of these from the ground up. The plan is to get all the essential ones up and running, switch us over to 2.0, and then continue adding the rest of the features overtime.

So, which features do you find essential? With E3 coming up, Live View is the biggest one for me.
I've got most everything I think. I'm planning to add back in the smaller ones as needed.
3. Could certainly do. But is that might be going too far. Could just start posting jibberish and have the machine fix it.

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

I literally just copied over the tweet code from the previous site. That seems to be biting me in the but a lot haha. These smaller things are great to get taken care of right now.
Like which ones? As far as big ticket items go, I've got the forum shop up next. Then after that it'll be time to transfer on over.
Going off this list, Please rank forum features, from your most liked to least liked - page 1 - VizionEck Forum
I've got most everything I think. I'm planning to add back in the smaller ones as needed.
3. Could certainly do. But is that might be going too far. Could just start posting jibberish and have the machine fix it.
1.)
Yeah. ;D  Did you move over the stuff so that tweets are saved?  
2.)
-Don't see a button for spoiler tags.
-Quotes don't notify me.
3.)
Yeah, that's the reason I expected you to give.
Or maybe have a button for it, instead of being automatic.  
There'd also be the difficulty of actually figuring out what was intended to be the number...
Perhaps just appending it to the end.

Michael Armbrust

May 23, 2015, 04:39 PM Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:47 PM by Michael Armbrust
1.)
Yeah. ;D  Did you move over the stuff so that tweets are saved?  
2.)
-Don't see a button for spoiler tags.
-Quotes don't notify me.
3.)
Yeah, that's the reason I expected you to give.
Or maybe have a button for it, instead of being automatic.  
There'd also be the difficulty of actually figuring out what was intended to be the number...
Perhaps just appending it to the end.
Tweets are saved but I think I'll just redo that system myself. Could make it a lot better.
Yeah I need to tidy up the reply buttons. There's some minor work to be done with that.
I believe you are only notified of quotes if you have that preference turned on in your alerts menu. Does need tweaking though.
The machine looks at post number to determine what count it's on. Figuring out what a person intended would be pretty easy.
gnf

ngf

A major issue is that at least on chrome it's possible to every once in a while scroll past the bottom of the page. This screws everything up. The mouse pointer and content think the webpage is at the correct scroll amount, while visually everything is pushed an inch up.

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

Tweets are saved but I think I'll just redo that system myself. Could make it a lot better.
Yeah I need to tidy up the reply buttons. There's some minor work to be done with that.
I believe you are only notified of quotes if you have that preference turned on in your alerts menu. Does need tweaking though.
Alerts aren't as nice in this case as the previous system.  
Even though alerts are much nicer than other cases.  

The machine looks at post number to determine what count it's on. Figuring out what a person intended would be pretty easy.

In ordinary cases yes, but this is what I mean.

Quote from: good

bot corrected: 110
But some cases aren't so nice.

Quote from: bad
We are only 999890 away from 1000000.

This is why I was thinking just appending it to the end.  
Being able to tell what number is supposed to be there is easy of course.  But if I do something silly and include 3 other numbers, knowing which one is intended to be the right number is more difficult.  

It's a silly thing, but I can definitely imagine difficulties.  

It's not really something that needs to be added in, just a suggestion for something to mess around with.

Michael Armbrust

Alerts aren't as nice in this case as the previous system.  
Even though alerts are much nicer than other cases.  
No the alert is just a global setting. Threads turn blue when you're quoted. Or at least they should be turning blue.

In ordinary cases yes, but this is what I mean.
If the person put enough effort into formatting it that way, they probably got the number right.

Personally I just don't see the need. The counting threads are stupid spam that help when activity is low. Having bots correct users instead of having other users correct users makes the threads more pointless and less active.

Also don't know if you've noticed this yet, but you can quote a person based off highlighted text. A new button shows up next to quote.

Quoting piecemeal has never been this easy!

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

No the alert is just a global setting. Threads turn blue when you're quoted. Or at least they should be turning blue.
They haven't been turning blue for me.

Personally I just don't see the need. The counting threads are stupid spam that help when activity is low. Having bots correct users instead of having other users correct users makes the threads more pointless and less active.

Also don't know if you've noticed this yet, but you can quote a person based off highlighted text. A new button shows up next to quote.
Agreed.  Just making suggestions.  
Yeah, I noticed a while ago!  :D

Michael Armbrust

They haven't been turning blue for me.
You didn't turn on the setting! ;)
Login

• Login
  •     Entire Forum Members       VizionEck width=280 height=100  If you hadn't noticed, this is Forum 2.0        May 24, 2015, 01:36 AM  

•  Home  
    •  Search  
    •  Calendar  

• VizionEck
           Warning!   Only registered members are allowed to access this section.Please login below or sign up for an account with VizionEck   Login    Username:  Password:  Minutes to stay logged in:  Always stay logged in:  
    Forgot your password?
             Page created in 0.080 seconds with 18 queries.

Notify when quoted.
Yeah, I noticed a while ago!  :D
Yet strangely now it's not working for me.

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

Michael Armbrust

Backspace acts as a previous page key on chrome

Lol stupid. Should override when on reply pages.

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

Michael Armbrust

May 26, 2015, 05:18 AM Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:54 AM by Michael Armbrust
Titles on message index may only be one line long. If they are longer, the containing windowbg doesn't expand.

EDT: taken care of.

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

Go Up

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

1+1:
3:
2:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview