1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

testpi

testpi

May 22, 2015, 10:02 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:04 PM by testpi

This acted weird.  

Michael Armbrust

Yeah I saw that tweet error. What happened?
"Gamer by heart, human by birth" -Legend

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

Michael Armbrust

May 22, 2015, 10:11 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:23 PM by Michael Armbrust

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

Michael Armbrust

@testpi

ALL FIXED!

The tweet embed that I copied over from 1.0 was lacking an error test. Instead of it failing when the tweet couldn't load, it broke everything related to posting on the page.

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

Woot!  Woot!  You should look into the preview button.  

Testing

testpi

Not the preview button.  Still having odd issues with posting sometimes.  

Michael Armbrust

Not the preview button.  Still having odd issues with posting sometimes.  
What are they?
Also your posts should be combining instead of double posting...

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

What are they?
Also your posts should be combining instead of double posting...
They are, that's what happened first.  I just posted again to test something.  

When I used quick reply, and then post, it would sometimes tell me "You can't modify just any post" and something along the lines of "Even though this is your thread, you can't modify the post."

Michael Armbrust

They are, that's what happened first.  I just posted again to test something.  

When I used quick reply, and then post, it would sometimes tell me "You can't modify just any post" and something along the lines of "Even though this is your thread, you can't modify the post."
Yup I got that fixed. Tweet log was screwing it up.
However what I'm seeing is that the preview button would erase the previous message.
Fixed.

gbfgbfnf

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

Yup I got that fixed. Tweet log was screwing it up.
However what I'm seeing is that the preview button would erase the previous message.
Fixed.

gbfgbfnf
Okay, I was having an issue even in another thread where there wasn't a tweet.  
But if you're sure, or I'm mistaken, that's good!  

Michael Armbrust

Okay, I was having an issue even in another thread where there wasn't a tweet.  
But if you're sure, or I'm mistaken, that's good!  
Well the other issue was that I had a brain fart and the double post merger didn't check to see if the posts were made by the same person...

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

Well the other issue was that I had a brain fart and the double post merger didn't check to see if the posts were made by the same person...
Sorry for breaking everything.  :o

Michael Armbrust

Sorry for breaking everything.  :o
No no no it's great! I'd rather have errors and fix them quick than have errors that don't show up for a few days.
Also dem bots
gamrConnect Forums - Locked: VGChartz is a shadow of its former self (bear with me here)

About 6 years ago I found this website when I was fumbling around the internet looking for something interesting to gobble up. Being a big fan of video games, I was blown away that there existed a website with regular sales updates of both the main consoles and most games out there. As it turned out, the sales discussion was also very active and often quite fun. I got hooked and never looked back*. 

Now there is no hook anymore. VGChartz used to be a site about sales but now it's just another forum (which many might enjoy but for us sales addicts it's not enough). 

Some of you might say: "Hey! We still get sales updates, even though they're not as frequent as before," and that's exactly my point. Almost all year we've been getting very delayed updates and it's getting worse and worse. VGChartz is now two months behind on numbers, despite the site staff saying things would be "getting better soon" many weeks ago.

Please don't think I am shitting on the staff here, because I am not. I appreciate their efforts, but it's time to accept that VGChartz is shadow of its former self right now. We can only hope that things do indeed get better soon, for the good of all the sales addicts out there.

*Disclaimer: Nothing lasts forever

"I'm Mike Armbrust" -Me

testpi

No no no it's great! I'd rather have errors and fix them quick than have errors that don't show up for a few days.
Also dem bots
That's what I figured.  :D

Go Up

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

3:
2:
1+1:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview