How close is VizionEck Battle to release?

Started by Legend, May 10, 2017, 04:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

At the start of the year I stated Battle would release in 2017. About halfway through the year, it seems like a good idea for a status update.

Networking still needs the most work. I have online matchmaking working through PSN and LAN but I don't have the matches themselves online yet. This isn't too much work to setup, but it's a lot of work to make it great.

Graphics are still getting polished and a few effects still need to be added. The HUD is 100% programmer art so that needs to be changed.

The menu system I created is kinda a mess on my end but works fine in game. Pretty close to final but still needs an art pass.

Gameplay is always improving. I created a robust custom game system that allows me to prototype things quickly so I mess around with that a lot. Max player count was halved to 8 to keep Battles more compact and speed up game dev. I can playtest in splitscreen/LAN locally but I'd still like do a beta someday.

No clue what I'm doing with unlocks and rewards. That's all up in the air until the very end. VizionEck doesn't have microtransactions to push so these aren't too important.

2017 still seems realistic imo. Most of the remaining work is stuff I hate but there's not a lot left.

Dr. Pezus

You can do it!

Legend

You can do it!
Haha thanks.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

SWORDF1SH

I can't wait. Honestly I'm more hyped for the single player but the multiplayer sounds awesome. Nice to see you being optimistic about a 2017 release.

Legend

I can't wait. Honestly I'm more hyped for the single player but the multiplayer sounds awesome. Nice to see you being optimistic about a 2017 release.
I'm more hyped for the single player too. It's really driving me to finish Battle  ::)