Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Not sure but the film was set in Holywood
Was it "this is the end" with James Franco?

Legend

Was it "this is the end" with James Franco?
Yeah I remember that film. Kinda funny.

Kerotan

Kerotan

There's talk the next James bond could be a black actor. Idris Elba. Personally would prefer if they stayed faithful to the novels. You wouldn't get a European to play a future Jackie Chan. Can't help but feel the success of black panther has triggered this.

Legend

There's talk the next James bond could be a black actor. Idris Elba. Personally would prefer if they stayed faithful to the novels. You wouldn't get a European to play a future Jackie Chan. Can't help but feel the success of black panther has triggered this.
I've heard the Idris Elba rumors for a few years now so it definitely isn't solely a result from Black Panther.

On one hand I don't think it makes sense to change characters that are larger than their individual movies, but at the same time James Bond has always been portrayed in a slightly new way with each new actor. It's not like the character is static to begin with.

Dr. Pezus

Okay wtf was up with that Avengers ending??
Spoiler for Hidden:
There's no way they're going to let all of those die? Like Spidey, Black Panther, Dr Strange who are all new heroes.

Xevross

Okay wtf was up with that Avengers ending??
Spoiler for Hidden:
There's no way they're going to let all of those die? Like Spidey, Black Panther, Dr Strange who are all new heroes.

Huh it's obviously going to be reversed. But what's the proper cost of it going to be in A4?

BananaKing

Well his ethnicity doesn't really have much to do with the character, but his nationality does. And there are many, many black British men.

Your comparison is invalid, Jackie Chan is a real person, James bond is a fictional character.

Being white has no effect on the story or character of James bond, it's an espionage centric movie/story, and race has no affect on it. If this were a story were the main characters has a lot of identity in their appearance (for example Harry potter) then I'd agree that just adding a black actor for the sake of it would be a wrong choice. But I don't feel that applies to James Bond as long as he is British, charismatic, fit and a ladies man.

Kerotan

Well his ethnicity doesn't really have much to do with the character, but his nationality does. And there are many, many black British men.

Your comparison is invalid, Jackie Chan is a real person, James bond is a fictional character.

Being white has no effect on the story or character of James bond, it's an espionage centric movie/story, and race has no affect on it. If this were a story were the main characters has a lot of identity in their appearance (for example Harry potter) then I'd agree that just adding a black actor for the sake of it would be a wrong choice. But I don't feel that applies to James Bond as long as he is British, charismatic, fit and a ladies man.

He was white in the novels so if you are going to do this might aswell make the next Harry Potter Black, the next frodo Black, the next gandalf Black.

Legend

Huh it's obviously going to be reversed. But what's the proper cost of it going to be in A4?
There is no payoff though since that cost will be nothing compared to if the events were not reversed.

Also I saw skyscraper. Kinda cool and I love mega engineering. My mom liked it more than MI Fallout. Felt a lot like a Die Hard remake at times.

Also saw Escape Plan 2. Not as low budget as I was expecting, but still really low budget.

Dr. Pezus

Aug 11, 2018, 09:44 AM Last Edit: Aug 11, 2018, 09:46 AM by Dr. Pezus
My bet is
Spoiler for Hidden:
iron man/cap america

Time stone is kind of OP though

the-pi-guy

Aug 12, 2018, 11:05 PM Last Edit: Aug 12, 2018, 11:08 PM by the-pi-guy
Watched Ready Player One.  

The references were awesome.  

The movie started off a bit rough, I feel like.  But it got really good by the end.  

A small part of me, feels like the Oasis is kind of what Facebook is hoping for VR.  

Xevross

The movie started off a bit rough, I feel like.  But it got really good by the end.  

A small part of me, feels like the Oasis is kind of what Facebook is hoping for VR.  
Yeah I love the film. I guess kind of but it would probably only be one world  ;D

BananaKing

The book is bad though. Very overrated.

the-pi-guy

Yeah I love the film. I guess kind of but it would probably only be one world  ;D
Well, I'd imagine it like the Oasis overall is facebook, and the individual world's would be apps like Farmville and stuff.  

Go Up