War Thunder North America PS4 Release Now Possible, News Hopefully Next Week

Started by Raven, May 03, 2014, 02:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

After being delayed for months, PS4 gamers in Norther America may finally be able to get their hands on War Thunder.

In a recent Reddit posting concerning about squad functionality, multiple employees from Gaijin studio took to answer some questions, with the most important one being  when would we hear news about the games release in North America. The game launched a few months back in Europe, but due to a patching issue that the team has been working with Sony to fix, the game had to be delayed with no clear sign of a release. According to the employees though, this issue has been resolved with the recent PS4 firmware and news of War Thunder NA release will be coming as early as next week.

"With recent release of 1.7 Software update, it finally can happen. We are working hard to make NA release this month, I hope there will be more news next week." The CEO stated.

"We are working on it. I think there will be update about it quite soon even. News as close as the next week!"

There we have it, PS4 owners living in North America will finally be able to get their hands on the title soon. Though this goes without saying that creating a European account would have solved this. We are sure with news of it coming next week, we will hear about new functions being implemented such as cross-platform between the PS4 and PC.

nnodley

ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!  I've been wanting to try this out.

Raven

ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!  I've been wanting to try this out.

I almost forgot about this game. I really want to see how this goes when they finally have air, ground, and naval battles all happening at once. The game is already said to be good enough with just the air combat.

nnodley

I almost forgot about this game. I really want to see how this goes when they finally have air, ground, and naval battles all happening at once. The game is already said to be good enough with just the air combat.

Yeah I almost forgot about it too.  This and Planetside 2.

Raven

Yeah I almost forgot about it too.  This and Planetside 2.

I think Sony might show off PlanetSide 2 on PS4 at E3. Not necessarily at their press conference but out on the floor. SOE recently talked about some changes being made to the game including a new aircraft being added.

Xevross

I played this game for a bit at launch, it was pretty fun but it just wasn't great enough to keep me interested. I don't think I've touched it this year.

Raven

I played this game for a bit at launch, it was pretty fun but it just wasn't great enough to keep me interested. I don't think I've touched it this year.

I've heard it has a bit of a slow pace to it.

Xevross

I've heard it has a bit of a slow pace to it.

Yes that's one of the main problems, it takes a while to find people tto shoot down. The air combat is very fun and quite strategic though.

Xevross

I was feeling sentimental so I decided to bump the oldest thread that's not locked.

I wonder if War Thunder has improved at all...