Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I watched Thor ragnarok finally. Didn't expect it to have so much space. Was enjoyable and I liked that it didn't fully feel like a marvel movie. Poor editing though imo.

Xevross

I watched Thor ragnarok finally. Didn't expect it to have so much space. Was enjoyable and I liked that it didn't fully feel like a marvel movie. Poor editing though imo.
Yeah that's the last one I watched. I thought the comedy was the best of any Marvel film, but apart from that it was average in every area (for a Marvel film, so still very good).

Dr. Pezus

Feb 08, 2018, 11:06 PM Last Edit: Feb 08, 2018, 11:12 PM by Dr. Pez
Black panther getting great reviews!

Also,

Xevross

Feb 13, 2018, 08:07 PM Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 08:11 PM by Xevross
Cinema is absolutely PACKED for Black Panther. Holy shame

Mostly black people too, which is cool

Xevross

Yooo what a film. Black and woman POWAAAA. love it love it love it. This film is gonna be huge

the-pi-guy

Yooo what a film. Black and woman POWAAAA. love it love it love it. This film is gonna be huge
I don't know what all of this *gestures to all of you* is

Xevross

I don't know what all of this *gestures to all of you* is
:o  power and love?

The supporting cast of Black Panther is by far the best of any marvel film. The woman are all incredible and I really hope we see more of them.

Legend

I really hope we see more of them.
It's Marvel. They'll get their own spin off  ::)

How would you rate it compared to other Marvel films? I thought it looked kinda good from the trailers but I'm not really a marvel fan. Will see it once it gets to the $2 theater probably. I just saw Thor in theaters last week  :P

Xevross

It's Marvel. They'll get their own spin off  ::)

How would you rate it compared to other Marvel films? I thought it looked kinda good from the trailers but I'm not really a marvel fan. Will see it once it gets to the $2 theater probably. I just saw Thor in theaters last week  :P
If you're looking for action its one of the worst marvel films. If you like comedy, great characters and setting its one of the best (if not, the best).

I'll need to watch it again but for me its up there. Its not as good as Civil War or Winter Soldier for sure (I feckin love those films) but its around the quality of Cap 1, Thor Ragnorok, Avengers, Iron Man and GOTG.

Dr. Pezus

The supporting cast of Black Panther is by far the best of any marvel film. The woman are all incredible and I really hope we see more of them.
I recommend the Black Mirror episode with the sidekick  ;)

Xevross

I recommend the Black Mirror episode with the sidekick  ;)
Yeah my friends mentioned it. I shall give it a watch

the-pi-guy

Oh, i know what power and love are.  I wield both of them with iron fists.  

I just don't know what all of this is.  

But seriously, glad you liked the movie!

Xevross

Oh, i know what power and love are.  I wield both of them with iron fists.  

I just don't know what all of this is.  

But seriously, glad you liked the movie!

Same! But what I love most is the cultural impact its going to have. I just couldn't help feeling so happy about the power being shown by all the black women, and how great their characters were. Also the African cultural influences in Wakanda are just so interesting and cool. I hope we start seeing much more diverse films like this.

The soundtrack is amazing too, it sounds very African and gave my Lion King vibes. I loved it.

the-pi-guy

Same! But what I love most is the cultural impact its going to have. I just couldn't help feeling so happy about the power being shown by all the black women, and how great their characters were. Also the African cultural influences in Wakanda are just so interesting and cool. I hope we start seeing much more diverse films like this.

The soundtrack is amazing too, it sounds very African and gave my Lion King vibes. I loved it.
Yeah, it's pretty exciting.  

Librals, trying to take out the white people.  <- there's always going to be that guy, though .

Legend

I watched Mother!

It was odd and all over the place. Kinda good? Kinda bad. Tried to be something special but I wouldn't say it succeeded.

Go Up