Science General Discussion

Started by Legend, Sep 02, 2014, 07:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

DD_Bwest

man i would love it if true.

i wonder if their model can be refined enough to show approx where it is to pinpoint finding

DD_Bwest

so SpaceX has given more word on what happened to AMOS-6 on the pad.  

Legend

so SpaceX has given more word on what happened to AMOS-6 on the pad.  

Yup I'm glad it wasn't part of the rocket. Still a problem, but should be cheaper to fix.

DD_Bwest

Yup I'm glad it wasn't part of the rocket. Still a problem, but should be cheaper to fix.
cheaper and faster.   RTF this year would be a nice christmas gift

DD_Bwest

so the james webb telescope is essentially built,  now theyve go testing.  i cant wait for that thing to be up there

Legend

so the james webb telescope is essentially built,  now theyve go testing.  i cant wait for that thing to be up there
I really can't wait for it to start looking at exoplanets. We'll be able to know their atmospheres, seasons, surface details, etc.

If a planet has advanced life and is in range, this should find it.

DD_Bwest

Mostly debunking that.
Eric1600 comments on Space race revealed: US and China test futuristic EmDrive on Tiangong-2 and mysterious X-37B plane
yea i figured as much but thought i would share it anyways lol

the emdrive dream will never die lol its just to good to be true

Mmm_fish_tacos

Anyone  checking out the super moon? I tried to take a photo but my camera sucks for night shots . last one till 2033.

Legend

Anyone  checking out the super moon? I tried to take a photo but my camera sucks for night shots . last one till 2033.
I guess I'll go outside just to say that I did it.

the-pi-guy

I guess I'll go outside just to say that I did it.
Is it as super as you expected?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Is it as super as you expected?
like 30 percent more super.

Doesn't look that big to me. I think it's bigger, but maybe not..

the-pi-guy

like 30 percent more super.

Doesn't look that big to me. I think it's bigger, but maybe not..
Looks really bright tonight though.

I tried to take a picture, but somewhere between the picture preview and actually taking the picture, the whole thing dimmed out.  
Picture preview looked like I was taking a picture of the sun, the actual picture looked like a moderately bright star.  Disappointment.  

Go Up