Civ 6 Review Thread: 92 MC (16 reviews) 91 OC (12 reviews)

Started by Legend, Oct 21, 2016, 06:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Xbro

Haven't been keeping up with Civ 6. Though I know that an even numbered Civilization game is an automatic buy.
3 people like this

the-pi-guy

d2shanks comments on Playing Civ VI in VR
Big screen beta is awesome.  

There's a setting to change how large the virtual TV is, as well as another setting to change how far away the screen is.  So fricken cool how you can tell the difference between a big screen that's far away and a small screen that's really close.  

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Dr. Pezus

Legend

92. It's terrible
91 on OP thanks to impulse gamer's 70. Just going off the blurb that's a horrible review. It sounds like if Civ 6 made zero improvements over Civ 5 he'd give it a zero.

the-pi-guy

91 on OP thanks to impulse gamer's 70. Just going off the blurb that's a horrible review. It sounds like if Civ 6 made zero improvements over Civ 5 he'd give it a zero.
He doesn't like some of the gameplay changes, and he apparently really really does not like the graphics.

Ultimately is Civilization 6 worth buying? Certainly there have been a few solid play improvements on Civ 5, but not enough to justify its current price tag. The graphics are much less appealing than previous Civs, and depending on your personal tastes, you may find this edition simply unplayable because of it. Really, the best thing Civ 6 has done is make Civ 5 cheaper. If you're new to the franchise, go buy Civ 5 at a bargain price. You'll get a full, rich game packed with all its DLC. And if like me you've already played Civ 5 to death, I would wait a while before plunging into Civ 6. Give Firaxis a chance to smooth out the bugs, refine the game, and let other players suffer for a few months instead. Still, if you truly are a hardcore Civ fan, you'll ignore my warnings. You know suffering and frustration into those wee small hours is what Civilization is all about.

Dr. Pezus