Nintendo Switch Revealed

Started by Legend, Oct 20, 2016, 01:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

No rockstar lol. Coincidence confirmed.

Ugly

Aura7541

Not exactly floored, but it's not bad either.

The name is miles better than the Wii U.

BananaKing

this is gonna floooooooop

SWORDF1SH

Kind of what we expected. The handheld is quite big as to not step on the toes of the 3DS' successor.

Aura7541

Is there any info on whether the Switch is region-locked or not?

DerNebel

Oh btw. all these scenarios in the video were totally relatable to me, finally I can bring my Mario to all of my roof parties

Dr. Pezus

Meh. Could be cool but nothing gamechanging imo

darkknightkryta

Oh btw. all these scenarios in the video were totally relatable to me, finally I can bring my Mario to all of my roof parties
Think of all the girls who are going to want your D once you take that out at the clubs.

Legend

At least the good thing is that the screen is not used when playing at home. They could easily release a non portable version that's fully traditional if the public doesn't catch on to its weird portability.

kitler53

Oct 20, 2016, 02:37 PM Last Edit: Oct 20, 2016, 02:41 PM by kitler53
visually the console (hardware) is a bit better than i expected but it basically confirms it is everything i don't want.

1. as a handheld this thing is massive.
2. the controllers have waaay to many options already and i know nintendo won't be able to stop themselves from releasing more.
3. the standard "home" contoller looks terrible.
4. as a home console this this is certain to have a poor cost to power ratio making it feel like a bad value to me.
5. as a portable console the graphics sure are shiny so it is certain to have a high cost of entry.

i don't think there is a market for this.

nintendo wants you to have a device you use at home but then also bring with you everywhere you go.  i really only have at home and when i'm not gaming at home i want a better device then they are offering.  this is a "preachy" device in that it is trying to tell me how i should game but it doesn't do anything to solve a problem with the current home/mobile console markets.

At least the good thing is that the screen is not used when playing at home. They could easily release a non portable version that's fully traditional if the public doesn't catch on to its weird portability.
that means wiiU games that took advantage of the wiiU's gamepad wont' be easy to port to NX...

..but thankfully that means that wiiU's entire library will still be easily ported to the NX.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Back of the device looks smooth and flat at least.

princevenom

any release  date yet

Max King of the Wild

Seeing those grown men use those tiny buttons to play basketball on the tiny screen..... Never going to happen that way

Legend

Max King of the Wild

I couldn't stand the click after every 5 seconds... I get it, the name is switch... Stop already

Also, didn't see it used as a touch screen ever

Go Up