Battlefield 1 Review Thread: 87 OC (69 Reviews) 88 MC (48 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Oct 17, 2016, 01:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah, the 80 dollar early access copy is for sale at walmart. So stupid.

the-pi-guy

Gosh their launch is so confusing. Guess today was just one of the many partial launches.
The World War I shooter from Battlefield series developer DICE officially launches on October 21. However, the game's Play First Trial--which contains a limited selection of the game's single-player and multiplayer content--launched back on October 13 for EA/Origin Access subscribers.

EA Access is available on Xbox One and Origin Access is the subscription service's PC version. No version of EA Access is available on PlayStation 4. However, people who buy the $80 Early Enlister Edition of Battlefield 1 can start playing the full game tomorrow, October 18. Like the full game next week, the Early Enlister Edition unlocks at midnight. This premium version of Battlefield 1, which also comes with extra digital content, is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
lol super bizarre.  

Legend

I was at gamestop on Monday and they were prepping for the midnight release. Just assumed it was the final launch.

This is going to become standard isn't it?

Mmm_fish_tacos

DD_Bwest

ya i couldnt justify the extra 20 bucks..   but its driving me nuts lol

SWORDF1SH

Or just walk into a store and buy it...
Prices are more competitive online plus the only store I can buy it from near me is Tesco who are never great on prices. The nearest gaming store to me is about a 30/40 min drive away.

ethomaz

I like CoD for the campaign mostly... MP is a plus and being like BO3 is good, no?

I still don't understand what I don't like in BF games... every time I tried it put me bored in few minutes.

Add the shame job done by DICE with crazy, unplayable bugs and terrible performance put me away from BF games at launch.

Last one I bought was 3 at $5... played 30 minutes... for $5 I can't complain :D

SWORDF1SH

I like CoD for the campaign mostly... MP is a plus and being like BO3 is good, no?

I still don't understand what I don't like in BF games... every time I tried it put me bored in few minutes.

Add the shame job done by DICE with crazy, unplayable bugs and terrible performance put me away from BF games at launch.

Last one I bought was 3 at $5... played 30 minutes... for $5 I can't complain :D
Battlefield is much better with a squad. Cod is for lone rangers.

DD_Bwest

ya bf is much better played with a squad.  combined with the large player count makes it an entirely different experience.  alot more planning, coordination etc.

the sniping in battlefield is also a hell of alot better.  not to mention the destruction, and vehicles/air units and map size.

Raven

My god. Just two more days and I get to light people on fire in trenches with a flamethrower.

SWORDF1SH

Preordered this little bad boy. Actually got it cheaper that expected, under £40

DD_Bwest

that early launch is making me mad lol everytime i see footage i get bothered that people are playing lol

and trying to play bf4 just makes me pissy lol

i really wish my ebgames was doing a midnight launch

SWORDF1SH

that early launch is making me mad lol everytime i see footage i get bothered that people are playing lol

and trying to play bf4 just makes me pissy lol

i really wish my ebgames was doing a midnight launch
Yeah it's something we will see more of to push the more expensive bundles. Gamers bend over and take it again!

DD_Bwest

Yeah it's something we will see more of to push the more expensive bundles. Gamers bend over and take it again!
yup just like when idiots buy stupid dlc.  to many people went for it. ea made a killinh and now itll happen again

SWORDF1SH

yup just like when idiots buy stupid dlc.  to many people went for it. ea made a killinh and now itll happen again
I never buy DLC unless it adds good value. Stuff like Ultimate Team on Fifa is a great example of something that should never be allowed.

Go Up