Will Trump be the next US president?

Started by Legend, Jan 13, 2016, 03:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

State of the Union just ended, and a lot of it was talking about Trump?

Is he really doing good enough to warrent that?

Oh gosh, Trump could actually win. I bet he does sadly.

Max King of the Wild

Aura7541

What sets Trumps apart from the rest of the candidates, whether they be from the Republican or Democratic parties, is that he is not afraid to speak his mind even if it is something incredibly stupid. The right to free speech does include the right to offend, as long it doesn't incite violence or prejudice against a particular group of people. I feel that all the other candidates talk in a restricted manner, as if they're stepping on eggshells. This is very true on the Democratic side because of the political correctness progressives repeatedly harp.

That said, this is the only quality of Trump's I appreciate. When it comes to his actual ideas and policies, I disagree with most of them. I would love to elaborate on why though I need to sleep soon. Overall, I am not convinced by any of the candidates because both parties are insane.

the-pi-guy

No.  
I know a few conservatives that don't want him, and the vast majority of democrats aren't going to vote for him, and most independents aren't either.  

He's ahead by quite a bit in the republicans, I usually hear 30-40%.  
There's the other 60-70% that we don't know who they'd vote for in the actual election.  We don't know who many of them would vote for if it came down to it.  If 20% voted the other way because they didn't want Trump, then he wouldn't have enough votes.  

What sets Trumps apart from the rest of the candidates, whether they be from the Republican or Democratic parties, is that he is not afraid to speak his mind even if it is something incredibly stupid.
Especially if it is incredibly stupid (and wrong).  

I have absolutely no idea how good this site is.
Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact
But honestly, it makes sense.  Trump has said 1 actually accurate/true thing.  

the-pi-guy

A $9.5 trillion price tag for Trump's tax plan - The Washington Post

Let's build a wall, build up our army (already the best funded military in the world by A LOT),  and lots of other expensive stuff, and cut taxes!!!  

Legend

No.  
I know a few conservatives that don't want him, and the vast majority of democrats aren't going to vote for him, and most independents aren't either.  

He's ahead by quite a bit in the republicans, I usually hear 30-40%.  
There's the other 60-70% that we don't know who they'd vote for in the actual election.  We don't know who many of them would vote for if it came down to it.  If 20% voted the other way because they didn't want Trump, then he wouldn't have enough votes.  
If it ends up Trump vs Hillary, he'd probably win by a lot.

Getting the republican nomination seems like the harder battle imo.

kitler53

i hate trump soo bad.  i wish a more retro republican would get the republican nomination.  at least then i wouldn't have to be afraid for america if the democrats lose. 

If it ends up Trump vs Hillary, he'd probably win by a lot.

Getting the republican nomination seems like the harder battle imo.

every poll ever has him lose to Hilary. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

every poll ever has him lose to Hilary.
Nah, that's just since the republican party has so many options still.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Like I know what I'm talking about lulz

the-pi-guy

Surprisingly, Bernie seems to have a chance.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Surprisingly, Bernie seems to have a chance.  
And you think trump is going to be expensive. Bernie makes promises with out a way to fund it.

I'm about over it all. I say we go awhile without one and see how thing work. Bet nobody would notice.

Meet your new president.

the-pi-guy

And you think trump is going to be expensive. Bernie makes promises with out a way to fund it.

I'm about over it all. I say we go awhile without one and see how thing work. Bet nobody would notice.

Meet your new president.

Bernie has a few expenses, Trumps tax cuts are supposed to cost nearly $10 trillion.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Bernie has a few expenses, Trumps tax cuts are supposed to cost nearly $10 trillion.
That is more than obama spent in 8 years. I can't see that.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Absolutely not.

I will feel bad for Americans if he does... As well as non Americans...

Legend

Watched some of the debate.

Almost all of them come across as political fanboys. At least Jeb doesn't always respond with "it's Obama's fault. My solution is to do the complete opposite!"

Go Up