PSNow Titles For October

Started by GribbleGrunger, Oct 04, 2016, 10:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

GribbleGrunger

nnodley

Did they get rid of the 4 hour, week rentals, etc.  Overtime I look up some games I'd like to play on it, it says I need a subscription which is BS, but I'd do a month if I had to cause I'd find enough to play.

SWORDF1SH

Did they get rid of the 4 hour, week rentals, etc.  Overtime I look up some games I'd like to play on it, it says I need a subscription which is BS, but I'd do a month if I had to cause I'd find enough to play.
I think they have. I can't find the rent option on the UK store.

GribbleGrunger

Check this out: What is PlayStation Now? A guide to Sony's streaming service

nnodley

Oct 04, 2016, 11:36 PM Last Edit: Oct 04, 2016, 11:38 PM by nnodley
I think they have. I can't find the rent option on the UK store.
dang, that sucks! I've been wanting to play the lego harry potter(big HP fan) games and I know they are bringing them to ps4 in 1 package, but figure I might as well just play them on PS now.  But at this point if I spend 20 on Now for just those 2 I might as well just go ahead and spend the extra $30 for the ps4 versions.  Both last gen versions are $20 a piece on amazon, so I might just go for the ps4 ones.

Check this out: What is PlayStation Now? A guide to Sony's streaming service
Yeah but when I look up the title on the ps4 ps now app it only says free with subscription and can't find where to do them individually.

GribbleGrunger

Oct 04, 2016, 11:48 PM Last Edit: Oct 04, 2016, 11:50 PM by GribbleGrunger
dang, that sucks! I've been wanting to play the lego harry potter(big HP fan) games and I know they are bringing them to ps4 in 1 package, but figure I might as well just play them on PS now.  But at this point if I spend 20 on Now for just those 2 I might as well just go ahead and spend the extra $30 for the ps4 versions.  Both last gen versions are $20 a piece on amazon, so I might just go for the ps4 ones.
Yeah but when I look up the title on the ps4 ps now app it only says free with subscription and can't find where to do them individually.
You should be able to either subscribe or pick individual games. Last time I looked it had the price on the pic of the game and you just clicked on that to buy it.

There are two options:

Subscribe
Rentals

It's rentals you want.

SWORDF1SH

You should be able to either subscribe or pick individual games. Last time I looked it had the price on the pic of the game and you just clicked on that to buy it.

There are two options:

Subscribe
Rentals

It's rentals you want.
Are you sure because when I looked a few weeks ago I couldn't find the option to rent on the UK store. They have overhauled the App for it so maybe they were still adding rentals when I looked. I'm going to check again now.

GribbleGrunger

Are you sure because when I looked a few weeks ago I couldn't find the option to rent on the UK store. They have overhauled the App for it so maybe they were still adding rentals when I looked. I'm going to check again now.
Last time I checked it was like that but it was a while ago.

SWORDF1SH

Last time I checked it was like that but it was a while ago.
They've definitely removed the option to rent games on the UK store. It's either sub or nothing!

GribbleGrunger

They've definitely removed the option to rent games on the UK store. It's either sub or nothing!
Maybe there weren't enough people renting individual game, or perhaps it's now doing well enough for Sony to take the pish.

SWORDF1SH

Maybe there weren't enough people renting individual game, or perhaps it's now doing well enough for Sony to take the pish.
I don't know but subs is the money maker these days, companies are obsessed of getting subs.

This move went completely under the radar.

GribbleGrunger

Oct 05, 2016, 01:03 AM Last Edit: Oct 05, 2016, 01:07 AM by GribbleGrunger
I don't know but subs is the money maker these days, companies are obsessed of getting subs.

This move went completely under the radar.
I wouldn't mind betting it was implemented in the last update just after the PC got PSNow. I'm sure Sony are soon going to pull the plug on the PS3. Now we have the PS4Pro, Sony also have the option of adding older OG PS4 games to PSNow. Not right away but perhaps a year after they drop the PS3. Mid to late 2018 sounds about right.

Kerotan

So what games are new this month?