Turn 10 Confirms That Forza Motorsport 7 Intentionally Runs Mostly on One Core

Started by Legend, Sep 22, 2017, 08:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Turn 10 Confirms That Forza Motorsport 7 Intentionally Runs Mostly on One Core - NeoGAF

On the official forums, Turn 10's Community Liaison Soy confirmed that is intentional design.
Some users may notice that the game utilizes nearly 100% of one of their processor cores. This is expected behavior; we intentionally run in this manner so we can react as fast as possible in order to minimize input latency. Users on power-constrained devices, such as laptops and tablets, might want to use a Performance Target of "30 FPS (V-SYNC)," which will reduce processor usage and minimize power consumption.

Are they for real? I mean, come the fudge on. Playground Games fixed the issue with patches later on (near the Hot Wheels update), and they're trying to pull this shame now? Use only one core if old, etc.

That doesn't seem to make sense.

darkknightkryta

Turn 10 Confirms That Forza Motorsport 7 Intentionally Runs Mostly on One Core - NeoGAF
 Are they for real? I mean, come the fudge on. Playground Games fixed the issue with patches later on (near the Hot Wheels update), and they're trying to pull this shame now? Use only one core if old, etc.

That doesn't seem to make sense.
I honestly can't fathom how multi threaded/multi core programming would cause input lag...

the-pi-guy

That doesn't make any sense, even if multithreading did cause latency, the effect of pushing the core to it's limits is going to cause more issues.  

Legend

BananaKing

ethomaz