PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Horizon

looking at that list i think sony needs to create a few more studios to compensate for painfully long development cycles.

They are building one in San Diego. I think there other issues is they haven't invested in enough studios or some investments haven't panned out. Santa Monica's new I.P got cancelled which would have been a new I.P and most likely added something to the line up in 2015 or 2016. Japan Studio have been a mess for years and only starting to get some consistency but pretty much all of their games were in development like TLG and GR2. They need to find a new I.P but it's hard. They also have London Studio and North West studio just doing VR games. I do think 14 studios would be the sweet spot but ND,Santa Monica, Guerrilla and Japan Studio have to be more consistent for this to work as they are the biggest devs. ND, Guerrilla and Japan studio have done to be fair but Santa Monica have only had one all gen basically. I also think as someone alluded to new announcements in 2015 and 2016 of which there were tons could have spread out. Death Stranding should have been in E3 2017 and Days Gone should have been E3 2017. TLOU PT 2 should have been announced this year.