Darksiders 3 Hype Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Aug 03, 2018, 12:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

Looks like we're going to return to Legend Madureira's dystopian world and his first game franchise (Cloud Chasers got released, go try it), with Darksiders 3.  Following in the predecessor's foosteps of controlling the 4 horsemen of Apocalypse (3rd horsemen for the 3rd game).  We get to play as this Vixen:

Darksider 3 stars non-other than Fury herself (What happened to the strife tease from the last game we'll never know).

Hopefully the game will follow the first's gameplay and be more like Mega Man Legends as opposed to the Mega Man Legends 2 ripoff that the second game was (Yes I know, Zelda, but Mega Man Legends fit better).

Speaking of Gameplay:

I hope the game turns out as good as the first game.  It was a pretty refreshing take on the Zelda genre and did a great many things right.  The second game was just a mess of ideas strung together, and didn't really resemble the first game much at all, game structure and overall style.  While Legend Mad had moved on to Cloud Chaser and comics, it's looking like the game is continuing the story and aesthetics of the first game.  This is one of the few games I'm looking forward to for the year (Mega Man 11 and Spider-man have me hype).

Discuss what you want from the franchise, what you're expecting, and what you're most hyped about!

Kerotan

I played darksiders 2 definitive edition on ps4 and it was a chore. I've no hype for a sequel and won't be buying it.

darkknightkryta

I played darksiders 2 definitive edition on ps4 and it was a chore. I've no hype for a sequel and won't be buying it.
It looks like they're going away from the trash setup the second game had.