Shadow of the Tomb Raider REVIEW thread - 78 MC / 81 OC

Started by Dr. Pezus, Sep 10, 2018, 01:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Tomb Raider : 85-87
Rise : 86-88

Xbox version is at 82.  Off to a rough start.  

Dr. Pezus

Tomb Raider : 85-87
Rise : 86-88

Xbox version is at 82.  Off to a rough start.  
Also kind of bad timing to release with both DQ11 and spider man releasing a few days ago

Ps4 version down to 74. XB1 at 82. Both with 21 reviews

Ign really liked it though, gave it 9.0

Just reading a few summaries and the ign review it seems the story is the biggest downside while the gameplay is improved on the others. Very varied, tough, long, fun

Meta takes so long to update lol. Now ps4 is at 76 with 30 reviews

Ludicrous Speed

Wow had no idea his comes out in 4 days. I need to finish Rise.

Glad to hear the gameplay improved and DGAF about the story disappointing. Gameplay in the new games has been great.

Xevross

Oof this is not so good, what little interest I had has disappeared.

Legend

Aw man I didn't realize reviews were coming out this early. Why would they do that?

This is a painful drop. I'll still play the game someday, but all my hope that it'd go back to the quality of the first is gone.

darkknightkryta

Why is the Xbox version almost 10 points higher?  Does the game run like trash on the PS4?

Dr. Pezus

Aw man I didn't realize reviews were coming out this early. Why would they do that?

This is a painful drop. I'll still play the game someday, but all my hope that it'd go back to the quality of the first is gone.
I suspect the meta will increase to about 80. Not bad

XB1 version now at 83 with 2 fewer reviews. Just a weird discrepancy

nnodley

Hmm.  Got this on preorder through amazon.  It was my last preorder where I got the 20% off with prime. Not sure I'm gonna keep it and feel like it will be on sale for black friday.  But I loved the others so I don't know what to do.

nnodley

cancelled preorder.  Since I just got spider man and I'm more hyped for AC: Odyssey.  I'll get this around black friday if it goes on sale.

the-pi-guy

cancelled preorder.  Since I just got spider man and I'm more hyped for AC: Odyssey.  I'll get this around black friday if it goes on sale.

You can always get it later.  

nnodley

You can always get it later.  
Yeah most likely will.  I need to start being pickier about what games I get on day 1.

Kerotan

Still haven't even bother getting rise of the tomb raider even though its been down to a tenner on sale. Who knows if I'll ever play these. Probably be ps plus someday so i probably will.

Dr. Pezus

I wonder why meta shows the XB1 version on the front page, even now with the PS4 version having more reviews. The average is wildly different (83 vs. 78)

nnodley

I broke down and bought it. lol.  I was in best buy and ended up leaving with it.  Super fun so far.  I like the focus on exploration now more than combat.  It still feels like reboot tomb raider at it's core, but with the extra exploration.