The Last of Us Sells 17 Million

Started by Xevross, Jun 14, 2018, 06:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Insanity

Xevross

As of April, so this is probably shipped as of Sony's last financial report. Amazing, and extremely well deserved. No wonder the hype for TLOU2 are off the charts.

the-pi-guy

Holy crud.  

Those are practically CoD numbers.  Or at least they used to be.  Idk anymore.  

ethomaz

Holy crud. 

Those are practically CoD numbers.  Or at least they used to be.  Idk anymore. 
For an exclusive game even being in two generation it is in the top dogs together with some Nintendo franchises.

And it is a new IP that makes even more impressive.

Dr. Pezus

Wow that's inane for a ps34 only game

the-pi-guy

I'm in there, twice.  :D

kitler53

lot's of double dips i bet.  i did and i've never played the game.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

lot's of double dips i bet.  i did and i've never played the game.
Well it's the same with many other great sellers.
Still, even if we assumed all were double dippers (they're not, Sony said most were new buyers I believe early in the gen), that's still 8.5m sales for a new IP which is crazy

Hell I remember when the whole uncharted franchise reached 17m with UC1-3 and possibly Golden abyss lol

ethomaz

lot's of double dips i bet.  i did and i've never played the game.
Or 360 gamers that were salty because they couldn't play the GOTG and migrate to PS4 after disaster of XB1 reveal.

I think most copies are from new users... Sony said half PS4 sales didn't come from PS3 users.

These are basically the gamers that wanted to play TLOU.

Xevross

Or 360 gamers that were salty because they couldn't play the GOTG and migrate to PS4 after disaster of XB1 reveal.

I think most copies are from new users... Sony said half PS4 sales didn't come from PS3 users.

These are basically the gamers that wanted to play TLOU.
No need to turn this into console wars.

It makes sense why Sony went all out on TLOU2 this e3 then, since its their best selling game ever. They know Part 2 can make them a lot of money.

Kerotan

Megaton. 20m coming not too long away  25m+ lifetime with help of ps5 release.

Legend

Legend

Is this the second best selling game on a family of systems ever?

GTAV on PS3+PS4 might be the only thing to sell more.

Xevross

Is this the second best selling game on a family of systems ever?

GTAV on PS3+PS4 might be the only thing to sell more.
Well, no. GTAV definitely sold massively more than this on PS3+PS4, at the very least double this. More likely triple. And if we forget PC, there's still plenty.

There's exclusives like Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Bros, Wii Sports Resort, Pokemon Red/ Blue, Tetris (GB), New Super Mario Bros DS etc.

Talking PS only I'm sure GTA San Andreas sold more as well. And I'm sure there's some games like COD games which sold more than this on PS too, and certainly on xbox last gen. Plus there's also GTA V on xbox which will have sold way more than this too.

Legend

Well, no. GTAV definitely sold massively more than this on PS3+PS4, at the very least double this. More likely triple. And if we forget PC, there's still plenty.

There's exclusives like Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Bros, Wii Sports Resort, Pokemon Red/ Blue, Tetris (GB), New Super Mario Bros DS etc.

Talking PS only I'm sure GTA San Andreas sold more as well. And I'm sure there's some games like COD games which sold more than this on PS too, and certainly on xbox last gen. Plus there's also GTA V on xbox which will have sold way more than this too.
Yes GTAV has sold more which is why TLOU would be second.

Guess I was forgetting about Nintendo though. Hard to know without official numbers but COD never got this high on PS3 and probably didn't get this high on 360.

How much did San Andreas sell?