Sony E3 2018 conference

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 12, 2018, 12:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

The world, the setting, the story, the graphics (holy fudge) but the gameplay and animation seem stiff, I rewatched this now and the gameplay seems better than I gave it credit for on my first viewing. But I'm still concerned.  I'd love an explanation on how gameplay works
Same.  
I don't think the gameplay looks bad, but it looks slow paced.  Which isn't my favorite.  But I'm sure it'll be good.  

BananaKing

Same.  
I don't think the gameplay looks bad, but it looks slow paced.  Which isn't my favorite.  But I'm sure it'll be good.  
It doesn't have to be fast, but it doesn't look fluid, which is my main concern. As well as the "fixed" camera

darkknightkryta

To be honest the gameplay looks fixed.  Like it doesn't look like someone is playing the game.  Just the way the characters were dodging and blocking.  It seems scripted instead of actually blocking.

the-pi-guy

Jun 13, 2018, 03:14 PM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 03:18 PM by the-pi-guy

A bunch of game devs are ridiculously impressed with TLoU

Legend

A bunch of game devs are ridiculously impressed with TLoU
Well yeah! As I said last night, it's like a preview of what next gen games will play like.

@ghost,
Is it a glass cannon thing? Ie easy to kill others but easy to get killed too. First bit of fighting looked that way and looked great.

kitler53

I'm not sure about this game. Everything about it looks amazing. But the gameplay.

The world, the setting, the story, the graphics (holy fudge) but the gameplay and animation seem stiff, I rewatched this now and the gameplay seems better than I gave it credit for on my first viewing. But I'm still concerned.  I'd love an explanation on how gameplay works
my take is that days gone and a pretty terrible first showing.  since then it looks waaaay better.  

i think ghost looks a bit stiff.  i'm not entirely impressed but it is still early too.  if ghost improves to the same degree days gone did the final game will be fantastic.  for now, however, i remain a bit disappointed.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Is there a way to ask Sony to give us Japanese audio for this game?
They're already doing it, did you not read the info bullet points I posted??  :(

nnodley

Well yeah! As I said last night, it's like a preview of what next gen games will play like.

I just can't imagine how fudgy amazing ND games will look on ps5 if this is what they are giving us on ps4.  LIKE HOLY shame!

the-pi-guy

They're already doing it, did you not read the info bullet points I posted??  :(
I skimmed it.   :-\

Dr. Pezus

Jun 13, 2018, 07:40 PM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 07:44 PM by Dr. Pezus
so i missed most of today,  did we get a release date yet for dreams? lol
All we know is beta this year. As soon as possible

I skimmed it.   :-\
Amateur

darkknightkryta

Don't Naughty Dog have magician programmers from the moon?

nnodley

I just watched TLOU 2 gameplay video downloaded from gamersyde and HOLY BALLS!!  fudgy insane!  This is so far above anything they have done it almost seems impossible.  PS5 naughty dog is going to be fudgy like avatar guaranteed if they are doing this sort of wizardry on PS4.

Go Up